The Beginning - Age 12

The pic shows Bankotsu holding Banryu and that is the Ancestral Akira Blade that Chi is always carrying around. You can see how much bigger it is compared to full grown man, imagine a little child and then a short 15 year old later on. I'm going to follow the Naruto episode time line and plot, but I'm changing their age from 11 and 12 to 15 and 16. I just don't feel comfortable having any romance between preteens...it's awkward.

_______________________________________

Age 12

It had finally happened. The Akira's went on a rampage and there was an inner clan massacre led by the Clan Leader's nephew. It was a civil war between those with a firm grasp of sanity, the main family, and those who refused to reign in their power, the branch - sanity versus insanity. The king and queen of the Akiras  fought hard, but when they realized how outnumbered they were, they summoned their fastest family Guardian and had their only daughter taken away, so she wouldn't perish with them. The quick demon cradled the girl to his chest and carried her away from the destruction, the sword locked away in a scroll on his back. 

________________________ (If you want to see Hayai, I would go on quotev and go to the same chapter. I can put more pictures links there.) 

Hayai carried his little miss away from the massacre, away from the blood, and away from the death just as his previous masters desired him to. They never specified where to take her, so he took her as far as he could with his own chakra seeing as his masters' chakra disappeared only minutes ago. A tear tracked its way down the demon's pale cheek and hit the little girl's burgundy hair. Her wide, icey eyes blinked up at him.

"Hayai," she squeaked,"What's going on? Where's mama and daddy?"

The demon's gentle, pink eyes softened on her and he caressed her hair as he sped over the land,"They're no longer with us, kit."

Being from the Akira Clan, she knew exactly what that meant, but she didn't cry, didn't whimper, she only curled up tighter in her Guardian's elaborate kimono and asked,"Who did it? It was too chaotic and I couldn't see anything but carnage."

"Your cousin, my princess," he told her in a sharp voice,"That treacherous snake." (Not Orochimaru.)

The girl said nothing about that, only narrowed her eyes and snarled.

"I'm taking you to Konoha," Hayai told her,"Your parents and the Hokage are on good terms and have an alliance of sorts. He will take care of you, he is the only one I trust to watch over, kit."

"Did you bring Satsugai-sha?" Chi asked.  (That means "Slayer")

Hayai's white hair tickled her face as he nodded,"It's hidden in a scroll. Don't worry, I would never let you go without it."

Chi nodded and snuggled into the demon's chest,"Wake me when we get there, please."

"Sleep now, my kit," he murmured.

_____________________________________

Hayai was almost to the Land of Fire when he began to flicker. He knew he was going to go back to the Land of Demons since his chakra was almost used up from going so fast and so far. He stopped and gently shook his princess awake.

"Wake up, little miss," he cooed and put her on her bare feet when she was semi-conscious,"I can go on no longer for now. My chakra must recharge before I can come back and see how you are."

Chi looked up at her Guardian with watery eyes,"I have to go alone?"

The tall male kneeled before the child and kissed her pale forehead,"You know how to call for me should you ever need me or any of your Guardians. But for now I must rest and you must continue on," he unlatched the scroll and gave it to the little Akira,"You will need to unlock this in case you get into trouble along the way to Konoha. The gates in that direction on the other side of that forest in the distance. Use your training to keep yourself safe until you are safe inside the village."

The princess sniffled and reached up to kiss the demon's shiny horn,"Bye, Hayai."

The kind demon then disappeared in a shower of cherry blossoms.

_____________________________________

Chi had unlocked her blade and dragged it behind her as she wandered the forest outside of Konoha. She'd come across some bandits that thought she was an easy target, but they were dead in a few minutes. Although she was young, she was well trained in her sword and her chakra channeling, and could easily take on some amateur bandits. Their blood only added to the blood she was already stained with from the massacre and it was starting to dry when she came to huge wooden gates. She wasn't sure how to get the guard's attention that she could sense were on the other side, so she raised her small fist and knocked on the great wood door. 

"Who are you? What is your business here?" A rough male voice called down from the top of the gate.

She looked up and saw how the man's eyes widened at her appearance," I'm Chi Akira from the Land of Waves. My clan was massacred and I was told to seek out the Hokage to care for me."

The ninja was quiet for a moment, just examining the girl below,"I will get the Hokage and see if your story is true."

Chi sighed and nodded before she stabbed her blade into the dirt and sat on the leather bound hilt, her legs dangling over the edge. She leaned her head on the long handle and waited. Soon, the gates opened and Chi could see a man she recognized, one that she and her parents had visited before. It was when she was even younger, but the memory was there. She knew this Hokage. She threw herself from the sword she was seated on and ran to the powerful village leader.

"Oji-chan!" Chi screamed before lunging at his stomach and hugging him.

"Hokage-sama?" The ninja fromo before questioned.

The Hokage smiled and nodded at the ninja,"I, indeed, know this girl. She is the daughter of some close friends and like a granddaughter to me," the old man knelt before the girl,"What are you doing so far away from home? Where are your parents?"

Chi then started to cry,"They're no longer here. Hayai took me away from the village because there was a massacre and he told me to come here because you would take care me and you're the only one I should trust until I enter Konoha."

Sarutobi smiled sadly at the crying girl and patted her dark crimson locks,"I will take care of you, my child. You are safe now."