Prologue

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording or by any information storage and retrieval system, without written permission from the author.

Plagiarism is a crime. Expect typo graphical errors, grammatical errors, etc.

This story is inspired by: Angel Last Mission and Strong Woman Do Bong Soon.

---

Everyone were quitely passing by.

The darkness filled the road. Only the streetlights and the moon provide its lucidity for him to walk on the right path toward his apartment.

That night.

Jerone was walking home drunk. Each of every person whom he bumps into was looking at him, some of them were murmuring about him. He thought that it's about the bruises all over his body they could easily notice the blood on his side lips, and his black eye. He shook his head and grinned.

"Awts, muntik nang mahimatay ako d'un ha." He decided to wipe the blood that runoff on the side part of his lips. Out of irritation, he let out a massive kicked in the air.

He was at the corner of the street and about to turn his back but suddenly a group of boys were coming towards him. He doesn't know them. Or... maybe they're not only three?

"Tinawag kami ni boss. So..." the guy then stared at him. "Ikaw pala 'yon." They let out a smirked on their faces.

"Tigas din kase ng mukha mo pre. Hindi ka dapat nanghihimasok basta-basta." The other guy said.

"Get out. I won't fight." Jerone remained calm. He doesn't want to get into a fight again.

Those guy's boss and he fought earlier in the bar. It was all about the girl who satted on his lap and she told to that guy who's their boss that Jerone is her boyfriend. And their boss believed it. A span of minutes their boss called out his two friends and they started to beat him up.

Someone called the cops and they ended up in the police station. The girl keeps on saying sorry to him. Jerone just ignores her. On the other hand, those three shared a night in each other in jail.

After two hours he then decided to step out at the station. Even some of the parts of his body were hurt... he keeps walking.

And now... Hindi pa nakunteto ang boss nila at pinasundan pa pala siya.

"Talagang pinaghintay mo pa kami dito." The guy smirk named Kiko.

"What? E kakadating niyo nga lang." Jerone rolled his eyes.

"Leave that girl. That's what boss told us!" He then yelled at Jerone.

"Okay." He turned his back.

"Hindi pa kami tapos!" Another guy shouted.

Jerone faced them. Irritation started to run over him. "I said, okay. Ano't hindi pa ba tapos!?"

"Boss told us to beat you up, get ready." The guy at the side of Kiko said it to him. They are four and Jerone is alone.

They cornered him. Jerone just shrugged. "Ito na naman. Umay."

"Sige lang. The cops probably here in minutes from now." Jerone teased them. "Ganoon niyo ba kamahal ang boss kuno niyo at gustong-gusto niyong sumunod sa prisinto?"

"Ganiyan ka ba katakot pre?" They all laughed.

"Tanga. I'm just only one and y'all are four. So sino sa'tin ngayon ang takot?" They stopped laughing and became silent.

"Edi one on one. Bigay niyo na sa'kin. Tumabi kayo." Kiko told back. His troupes went behind him.

"Okay sige sabi mo yan Kiko ha. Balato na lang kapag nabugbog mo na." They started laughing again.

"'Di niyo ba alam, nag-aral ako ng taekwondo?" Jerone arrogantly said. Lasing na lasing.

"Share mo lang pre?" Kiko asked.

"Tanga, pre ka nang pre 'di kita tropa." Jerone started to position himself as Kiko did. "And share ko lang? So what about tanong mo lang?"

Kiko creased his forehead. "Daldal mo naman pre, ba't di ka pa magsimula?"

Jerone grinned. "Sabi mo e." And he turned around while his right leg was about to kick Kiko but Kiko immediately bent his body so he didn't hit him.

"Ha!" Jerone shook his head and opened his eyes widely. "Nahihilo na talaga ako pota. Time out muna pre."

Kiko laughing, "Don't call me 'pre', I'm not your tropa tol."

"Wow, tol pa nga. Asan utak mo?" Jerone sat down, "Give me one minute, I'll compose myself." His body is in pain. He don't think that he could fight against them all by himself.

He closed his eyes. He's not duwag. He's just practical.

One, he counted in his mind.

Two,

Three.

After that, he runs across. He shouted at the back, "I'm not duwag okay? I'm just practical!"

He chose to run even though his head is hurting because he had been drunk and his legs were also shaking.

He thanked Lord when he realized that he's near to his apartment.

But... he saw a white cat in the middle of the road where he was about to cross. The owner of the car was humming with the beat of the music. He didn't know that he might hit a cat. And yes it pissed Jerone off.

He looked at his back and he saw those four 
egg yolk who were catching him.

He gets nervous. He frustratedly pulled his hair. "Bakit ngayon pa?" He muttered.

With that, Jerone ran fast over the cat. And he saved it. He endures the pain in his right arm.

The owner of the car immediately went towards him. "Bro, sorry—what!? I thought that was a person!?" He pointed the cat. "Pusa lang pala."

"Lang!?" He shouted as he felt the pain in his head. Tumama iyon sa poste sa sobrang bilis ng mga pangyayari.

"Bro... your head. It's bleeding."

---

A/N: I'm sorry for mistakes such as: Grammatical error, misspell etc. You can correct me if I'm wrong, thank you!