Chapter 17

Deborah's Point of View

We got back to the house and we all decided Jesse would be joining Blue Oasis. Jesse told us was happened to his brother and how he died so we didn't want the constant reminder of what had happened to his brother be in the house and the new alpha there. Even if it was his family home, he really seemed into a new change and to get out of the house. I was excited that I am now allowed to be with Jesse.

I walked with him to his pack to get his stuff from the house. Everyone there gave me glares. They all knew I wasn't part of the pack but luckily I wasn't attacked.

A guy came up to us and Jesse growled. I grabbed his hand and held it tightly. "Leaving your pack?" The guy asked with a smirk. He wasn't bad looking. Deep brown eyes, brown hair, chiseled features, about the same height as Jesse. "It's better being here with you as alpha." Jesse spat. Oh so this is Ryan. I wrapped my arms around Jesse's waist and snarled at Ryan. He looked down at me and made a light clicking noise. "How cute." He chuckled.

I let Jesse go and kicked Ryan where the sun don't shine and he fell to the ground, gasping. "The only one that can call me cute is my mate." I growled and turned my back on him. Jesse laughed and wrapped an arm around my waist. "Okay cutie." He mumbled as he kissed the side of my head.

He led me to the house and inside. It was a fairly nice house. Not too big but not small either. It was cute. Cream colored on the outside and then a deep blue color on the inside. It was a lot like the inside of my house but we walked into the kitchen instead of the living room. Like at my house.

He led me to the living room then to a little hallway. There was a closed door which I'm assuming was his brother's room and led me into his room. "I'm sure gonna miss this place." He sighed as he grabbed a bag from his closet and started shoving everything from his closet into it. I sighed. I feel bad that Jesse was leaving his childhood home empty but he wanted to. He didn't want the constant reminder of what happened. He grabbed several books from his desk and cleared it out.

After almost emptying everything in his room, he looked at me. "I'm ready." He told me. We walked out of his room and started down the hallway. I saw two pictures hanging on the wall I didn't notice at first and paused. I looked at the first one and it was two young boys and a man. Jesse stopped next to me. "That's me, my dad, and Jake. I was about 5 in that." He told me. I took it down and held it in my arms. I walked over to the other picture and it was the same man but it only had one boy and a woman was in it. "That's my parents and Jake." Jesse told me. I took that one down too and held both the pictures to my chest.

I haven't met any of his family due to them dying, but I felt like I've known them forever. Even if Jesse hurt from them dying, I still wanted him to have a reminder of where he came from and of his family. We walked out of the house and back towards my pack. "Why'd you take the pictures?" He asked me. "I wanted you to have some of a reminder of your family. Even though they are gone." I told him. He gave me a small smile and he kissed the side of my head. "I find the gesture sweet, babe. But you're my family now." He said.

I nodded. "I know. But you still need to know where you came from. And if it's pictures, then it's pictures." I said as we came up to the pack. We got back to my house and my mother was standing at the front door. "Before we get you settled, I have to show you two something." She told me as she took Jesse's stuff and handed it to Jordyn. "Could you please put those in the house, dear?" She asked him. He nodded and entered the house. "Thank you." She called after him.

She led us to the east side of the pack. (Our house was in the middle of the pack location.) We came up to a construction area. "Hopefully in a few months or so, this will be your guys' new home." She told us and looked from me to Jesse. I smiled and hugged her tight. "I love you mother." I started to tear up. She was doing a lot. I know she wasn't still all too thrilled with Jesse but she was trying and allowing him to join Blue Oasis. And then she was building us a home.

She hugged me back tight. "I love you too, Deborah." She told me. I pulled back and looked up at Jesse. He gave me a smile and he touched my cheek. "And to celebrate Jesse joining Blue Oasis, tonight we are going to have a feast in a few hours." Mother told us. I smiled. "Welcome home, Jesse." I told him and gave him a kiss.