Chapter seven

The next day came and went. Mainly because I was asleep for most of it because of staying up ridiculously late. Sitting up, I checked the clock on the other side of my room from where my bed was. 5:30 pm it read. I had slept a whole day away. Great.

Stretching, I realized what had happened yesterday. I went on my first hunt; met my mate; got in trouble for the first time in years; snuck out to meet my mate. Than I remembered I was supposed to meet up with Jesse tonight. I wanted to but the conversation I had with my mother made me question if I really wanted to put everyone in my pack in danger if Jesse and I officially became bonded together.

I groaned. Why must I have met him? Why did the wolf spirits choose him as my mate? Is there a reason as to why they chose him? I rubbed my face with my hands and looked out my window. It was already dark outside. It was probably six or seven when I saw him after sneaking out of the house.

My bedroom door opened and I panicked enough to throw the closest thing that was near me at it, which was my stuffed teddy, Mr. Fuzz Fuzz.

I looked at the door and their stood Jordyn, laughing as he grabbed Mr. Fuzz Fuzz and walked over to me. "Sad to say, Debbie, Mr. Fuzz Fuzz can't do much." He told me as he gave him back to me and sat down on my bed. "What do you want?" I pouted, hugging Mr. Fuzz Fuzz. He gave me a serious look. "You know what. Last night. It was a close call." He told me in a very quiet whisper. "You almost got caught. Luckily your little boyfriend brought up the hunting incident."

I looked down. I barely even know the guy and I'm doing stupid shit  with him that can cause me to get in trouble and the whole pack in trouble.

"Debbie, I get you think he's your mate and all but come on. Who's more important to you? Your pack, or some random guy from somewhere different that you just met?" He asked. Was he really pinning that on me? Asking who I put first... My pack.. The people I've known my whole life... Or Jesse.. the guy I met yesterday but I know for a fact is my mate... He seriously couldn't be doing this to me..."Well?"

I looked him straight in the eye. "I'm not sure okay? I know the stories. I know what happened between the two packs. But why can't we just try and make peace with them? We've been civil with each other for the last twenty five years. Why can't we just make a deal or something with them?" I questioned. "It's not that simple. Okay?" Jordyn said, standing up.

I jumped back, and looked away from him. I heard him sigh. "I'm just trying to protect both you and this pack from what could possibly happen. I hate seeing you upset, Deborah. But sometimes we have to do things we don't want for the sake of this pack. Especially you for being the Beta and definitely your mother." He said.

I heard footsteps and a door opening and closing. Looking up, I didn't see Jordyn anymore. All I saw was my room.

I really didn't have much in my room. Had my bed of course, a night stand, a bookshelf that held five trillion books, a shelf stand thingy with five shelves all filled with all my stuffed animals (yes, I have enough stuffed animals to fill five shelves), and a desk. Nothing else. It may seem a lot to some people, but I have a fairly large room. So it looks like I don't have a lot of stuff in my room.

I looked at the clock again and it was already 5:45. Tapping my fingers on my knees, I pondered on going to see Jesse again tonight or just staying here and leaving him alone... Suffering. Wondering why I didn't show. Feeling hurt. Okay. I'm going. I thought to myself and got up.

But as soon as I started for the door, I realized I was still in a t-shirt and pajama shorts. Quickly spinning around, I headed towards my closet. I don't have many very clothes other than t-shirts, jeans, blouses, and maybe three dresses. A strapless, blue dress that went down to my ankles, a black dress with long sleeves that went to my knees, and a purple dress with no sleeves but with straps that went to the middle of my shins.

I decided to go with the black dress and had put on black shorts underneath (I don't like wearing dresses without shorts under them). And walked out of my room.

I knocked into my mother who was coming out of her room as well. "Oh. Don't you look nice. Where are you going?" She asked. I didn't know what to say. "Um.. Just decided to wear a dress. That's all. Thought I'd look pretty today." I said with a smile and lightly twisting my upper body like I used to do when I was four. She nodded. "Well you're always pretty, sweetie." She smiled and lightly tapped me under my chin.

"Are you going to see Jordyn tonight?" She asked as we walked down the hallway. "Maybe, why?" I asked, looking at her. She gave me a smile. "You always visit him the night before your guys' birthday and have dinner with his family and he comes over here on your actual birthday for breakfast. Don't you remember?" Shit. I totally forgot tomorrow is our birthday. "Oh. Yeah. I'll see him later. Dinner is at ten, right?" I asked, not remembering what time we usually ate every year the night before our birthday. "Yes." She said, giving me a concerned look.

I gave a small laugh. "Sorry mother. I'm just a bit tired from yesterday." I told her. "Don't worry. I'll be fine." I smiled. She nodded but still had that concerned look on her face. "Okay, sweetie. If you say so." She said as we stopped at the door. "Please be home by midnight, okay? Don't want you to be falling asleep at your birthday breakfast." She said and gave me hug. "Okay mother. Will do." I said as I hugged her back and walked out the door.

Jesse's Point of View

"And where do you think you are going?" Jacob asked me as I headed for the door. "Especially in that attire." He said sternly. I was wearing black pants and a white shirt. "Out?" I said, but more of a question than a statement. "Well no duh, Jesse. But where?" He said. Jacob was getting very irritated with me right now. I can tell.

"I was just going to go walking. I can't wear this while walking?" I asked him, gesturing towards my clothes. He shook his head. "That's you're good shirt though. Dad got you that for your birthday. Remember? I don't want you to rip it. Could you at least change out of it?" He asked.

The shirt was the last thing he got me before he passed away a year ago from being accidentally attacked and killed by some of our own. Our mother died when she gave birth to me.

I sighed. "Okay." I said and went back into my room and changed into a blue striped polo. "Is this better?" I asked when I walked back out. He nodded. "Yes. You can go. But be back home at midnight though please. We are visiting Aunt Brigette tomorrow and I don't need you dozing off." He told me.

I nodded. "Okay, mom." I joked and walked out the front door.