Chapter five

Jesse's Point of View

I pushed Deborah behind me and shielded her from her mother. "I will not allow to take MY mate away from me." I growled. Her mother looked taken back. "M-mate?" She asked. "Mother please." Deborah cried out. I turned to look at Deborah, who was crying. Her mother laughed. "Please, Deborah. You don't think he's your mate, do you?" She asked.

She looked at the kid from earlier. "Go grab her." She demanded. He hesitated at first but followed what she said. He started to come near us but I tried shielding her but he grabbed her before I could. "Hey!" I yelled but before I could take her back, the other two guys grabbed me and I couldn't get out of their grips. "Jordyn! Let go of me!" Deborah cried. "I'm sorry, Debbie." He mumbled and took her away.

I started crying. I haven't cried for years. But I am now. "You can let him go now. They're gone." Her mother said and they did. "Stay away from my daughter. I don't need her influenced by your people." She said and both her and the two guys disappeared, leaving me here, alone.

Deborah's Point of View

"Jordyn! Let me go!" I cried again while he carried me back to the pack location. "No Deborah. I'm sorry." He said. I tried wriggling out of his grip but couldn't. He walked me into my mother's office and sat me in a chair.

My mother came in not that long after we did and sat down across from me. "That's the last time you go hunting for awhile." She told me sternly. I had stopped crying because I didn't have enough energy to cry anymore, even if I wanted to. "You're not allowed to leave Jordyn's sight for two weeks and you're not allowed to see that Vanished Fire boy anymore either."

My heart ached really bad. "Mother, you don't understand..." I told her, but I know she would not care. "Understand what, Deborah?" She growled. I could see in her face she had enough of this. "You told me to be open in finding a mate. And I started to be. But you took me away from him." I told her.

She sighed. "He's not your mate and won't be your mate. Ever. There are plenty of boys in Blue Oasis. You'll get over that stupid Vanished Fire boy." She told me. "Jesse." I said sternly. "What?" She asked. "Jesse. His name is Jesse." I told her. "Not stupid Vanished Fire boy." I growled.

She gave me a glare but looked away and sighed. "Fine. Jesse. You're not allowed to see him anymore." She said.

The tears started to come back. I wanted to see him. I have to see him. But I know I can't. My mother would know I saw him. Because either A) if I was out of Jordyn's sight, he would tell or B) if Jordyn was actually a good friend and let me see him, she could smell Jesse on me. Which made me upset. "Jordyn, walk her back to her room." My mom told him.

I stood up and Jordyn walked with me to my room. But when I tried closing my door on him, he held it open. "Go." He told me. I gave him a confused look. "What?" I asked. "Go. Go to him." He whispered. "Jordyn..." I started but he stopped me and pointed to my window. "I'll cover for you. If you really want to see him than go." He whispered.

I smiled and gave him a big hug. "Thank you." I said. He closed my bedroom door and I climbed out my window quietly.

Jesse's Point of View

I slowly stalked towards the pack location. I ached all over even though I wasn't physically injured. I've cried for about an hour now before I started walking back. I heard rustling behind me. I instantly turned wolf in defense, crouching and growling.

"Hey.. It's okay. It's just me.." I herd a female voice call from the darkness. It was a familiar voice. I stopped crouching and growling. I instantly changed back but I still really didn't know who it was. "Who is it?" I asked.

Deborah came out of the shadows. "Deborah? What are you doing here?" I asked, getting up and hugging her. "I had to see you, again. Even though I don't know you well. But I thought if I snuck out, we could get to know each other." She told me, looking up at me. "You... you didn't have to do that.." I told her, trying to seem like I didn't want her to because she would have gotten in trouble but I'm glad she actually did.

She shook her head. "Of course I had to." She told me. "If this feeling I have for you is true, even though I know for a fact it is, I want to get to know you first." She said. She hugged me tight. I smiled and hugged her back. "Okay." I whispered.

Deborah's Point of View

We talked for hours. Laughing; sharing intense and sad moments with each other. I've never been this close with someone. Not even with Jordyn who've I've known since I was three years old and he was just a baby.

He looked me in the eyes. "This has been the best couple of hours I've had in forever." He whispered to me as he pulled me closer. My heart sped up a million times faster. "Deborah..." He whispered into my ear and lightly traced his lips down my neck. I gasped at the shivers it sent down my spine. "Yes..." I said as I moved my hair away from my neck. "Go ahead, Jesse." I said, closing my eyes, waiting for him to mark me.

But there was distant voices coming from behind us. Once the voices became clearer, I could tell it was Jordyn's and my mother's. "I swear, ma'am. The last time I saw Deborah was when I walked her to her room. That was the last time I ever saw her." Jordyn said, obviously frightened from what my mom had probably said or what she probably did to him.

I looked at Jesse. "Go. Run away. If they see me, I'll just tell them I haven't seen you." He told me in a whisper. I didn't want to leave him but I knew I had to in order to not get in trouble. Tears pricked my eyes but he wiped them away. "Just go. We can meet tomorrow night. Here. Same time." He whispered. He kissed my forehead and I got up and ran away. Back to my house but far away enough so Jordyn and my mother couldn't follow my scent.

Jesse's Point of View

I saw Deborah's friend and her mother coming towards me. "Hey you!" Jordyn called. Both him and her mother came up to me. "Yeah?" I asked standing up. Her mother sniffed me. "Dammit, Deborah..." She mumbled. "What? I haven't seen Deborah since that incident. Guess some of her rubbed off on me." I half lied to her. She glared at me. "It's the truth ma'am. Promise." I said.

She growled lowly. "Fine. If that's what you say, than it must be true." She said and straightened her posture. "Come Jordyn. She might be this way." She said and led Jordyn the opposite way Deborah went. I sighed a breath of relief and thought, be safe Deborah, be safe.