Chapter three

Deborah's Point of View

"Okay, team." My mother said to everyone who was in her office. "As most of you may know, I am sending you guys out on a hunt. Gather as much as you can in an hour and be back here as soon as possible. Do I make myself clear?" She asked in a stern voice. But no matter how stern she sounded, she wasn't as stern.

We all said yes and started piling out of her office. I was the last one to start walking out the door but my mother grabbed me by the arm and pulled me around to look at her. "I want you to stay safe." She told me. I sensed she was worried and concerned. Very worried and concerned. "Don't worry, mother. I'll be fine." I said, giving her a quick hug. "Oh, I hope so." She said, squeezing me for a second and letting me go. "You better get off. They won't wait for you forever." She laughed. I nodded and walked out of her office.

"Come on, Debbie." My best friend, Jordyn called. Jordyn was exactly three years younger than me, so that made him sixteen. We both have the same birthday. Both of us born at the same exact time.

Jordyn was really tall and handsome. Tan skin and hair as black as a raven. His eyes a sky blue color which made everyone in Blue Oasis just melt. At first we thought we were mates from how close we were but once we learned what being a mate actually was and how to know we found ours, we knew we were just really close friends. Like, brother and sister, if you will.

Jordyn's Point of View

I called out to Debbie to tell her to hurry up. She was really beautiful. Long, jet black hair; bright green eyes; she was really short though. Especially for someone who was nineteen. She was only 5'3". But she was still a beautiful girl that anyone would love to meet.

"Come on shorty!" I called out to her. She made a playful growl noise as she started to lightly jog towards me.

Deborah's Point of View

I sped up to a jog so I could catch up with him. As I got to him, he picked me up and gave me a big hug. Everyone around us was looking but I didn't care. "Hey, Jordyn." I smiled and hugged back. "I'd say get a room but ya know. We have to go on a hunt." An older guy, about twenty seven or twenty eight and his name was Alex, said and made the whole group started laughing.

I wiggled out of Jordyn's grip and slammed my foot into Alex's. He squealed like a little girl and held his foot. "Ow!" He cried. "I get I am much younger than you, and because of it, you think you don't have to respect me. But may I remind you that my mother is the alpha, the first female alpha in Blue Oasis to be in fact, and I am also Beta. So you best be on your good behavior, Alexander Woods." I said, growling.

He winced away from me, still holding his foot. "I'm sorry, ma'am." He said, cowering away from me. "Dumbass." I mumbled under my breath as I started walking away from him.

"If you don't mind, we need to get going." Jordyn said and changed into a wolf. The rest of us did the same and followed him out into the woods.

Debbie, take some of the others north the that lake. There's some deer up there. Jordyn thought to me.

I gave him a stern look and thought back, Are you serious? Vanished Fire is north. And their pack location is fairly near that lake.

So? As long as neither pack attacks, we'll be fine. He semi thought yelled.

But their more territorial than us. One step into their territory they'll be there!

He verbally growled at me. I don't to fight you, Deborah! Please.

Scrunching my muzzle I let out a light howl, to signal for some to follow me, and started running north.

Jesse's Point of View

"Jesse. It's time to go." I heard Jacob, on the other side of the door, say. I look away from the book I was reading to the door. "Okay. Give me a second." I groaned as I stood up and set my book down.

Opening the door, I saw him and about three other people standing outside the door. "Some of the people who were supposed to go hunting can't at the moment. So it'll be us five." He told me.

"I thought you weren't going." I told him as I walked out of my room and closed my door. "I couldn't go at first because I had things to do, but I'm done. So I'm coming along." He said. I nod and he leads the way out the building and outdoors.

We all change and start running into the woods to find food. But after a few minutes, Jacob stops suddenly, sniffing the air. He crouches, growling. What's wrong? I asked him. I smell something. Someone that's not supposed to be here. Go check it out Jesse. And come back to tell me. It's that way. He said as he gestured his head more south. I nodded once, got a hold of what he smelled, and started running.

Deborah's Point of View

I led my group more north to the lake, and sure enough, there were about ten deer. Slowing down, we all hid in bushes. So, newbie.. What's your plan? Richard, a boy that was my age asked. I looked toward his all black body. I am not a newbie.. And I was thinking you guys go kill the deer and I'll keep watch. If that's okay with you. He narrowed his eyes but did as I told. Him and the three others snuck up on a deer and killed it.

As they were doing so, I heard rustling behind me. Richard looked back like he heard it as well. I got it. I thought to him and instantly ran to the noise and attacked the first living solid I saw. The creature threw me off and I slammed into a tree. I sprung back up and saw a grey-haired wolf that I definitely knew wasn't part of my pack. I growled at the wolf and the wolf growled back.

We circled each other. Wondering what the other was thinking. What the other would do. He then paused; looking at me. Like he was looking right through me.

But he just simply dipped his head and turned to walk way. I did the same. But something told me to look back. I resisted at first, but did anyways.

I no longer saw a grey-haired wolf standing there. But something... someone... totally different... a human boy... reaching his hand out to me.

The feeling I had in my heart was totally opposite of what I felt ten seconds ago. It was the feeling I was told of by my parents.. It what you would usually feel when you knew you found your mate...