Chapter eleven

Jesse's Point of View
The next day

"JESSE!!!"

I jumped out of the deep sleep I was in to find my stupid brother above me giving me the death glare. "What Jacob?! Why are you waking me up at-" I paused to check my clock. "7 in the damn morning!" I yelled. "You got home late last night. Why?" He questioned.

Once my body and brain fully woke up I realized what had happened last night and my body started to ache. Not just from actually being sore but from missing Deborah.

I shrugged once. "Just couldn't really sleep last I guess. So I decided to take a walk. Is that a problem with you, bro?" I answered, hoping it was a semi decent answer for him. But to no avail, he didn't seem to buy into it. "A walk? At night? Do you know you could've gotten killed?" He asked, sounding and looking even more agitated than before. "Oh don't start going with that 'you could've been killed' talk. Don't act like you didn't do it before." I glared.

His body relaxed and face softened. "Whatever. Just don't do that again. I got a little worried." He said. He headed for the door but I couldn't help but lightly chuckle. Jacob looked back at me. "What are you laughing at?"

I shrugged again. "It just doesn't seem like you worry much about me." I said. He turned his body so he'd be fully facing me. "Even though I don't act like it sometimes, you're still my younger brother. When you don't check in or you're out late at night with no one with you, I worry. To be honest it even scares me a little bit. I know you don't feel the same way towards me but we're really the only family the other has at this point. Other than Aunt Bridgette. That's the main reason why I woke you up because we're visiting her today."

He's right. Father died a year ago and our mother died while giving birth to me. So really it was us two... And of course Aunt Bridgette. But then I realized I was supposed to see Deborah at noon at the edge of the woods near her pack. "How long are we visiting Aunt Bridgette?" I questioned.

The three of us all are obviously in the same pack but the packs spread out on a 3 or 4 mile radius and we're on one side of the pack while she's on the other side. So we haven't really seen or spoke to her in the last few weeks.

"Only a couple hours. Until about 11:30 or so. Why?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow at me. "No reason." I instantly said, hopefully I'm not showing the fact I was lying all over my face. "Are you sure?" He pressed. I nodded. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be sure?" I questioned back. He finally gave up. "Fine. Just hurry up though." He said and got out of my room and closed the door. It took me all of five minutes to change. I didn't really want to shower.

I heard something fall and crash and a gun shot in the next room. Which was Jake's room. I opened my door and tried to go into his room but the door was locked. I started to knock feverishly. "Jake? Is everything okay in there?" When he didn't answer, I kicked down his door and felt a sharp pain in my chest. "Jake!!"