Chapter 47

Elias scrambled towards Alana, his face contorted with surprise and rage. He let out a kind of a roar as he pushed her aside to get to the window.

'Come back!' he cried. 'Snow!'

But she was already almost out of sight, dashing through the warehouse as fast as she possibly could.

'She's gone!' said Alana. 'Let her go.'

Elias snapped his head towards her. Then he grabbed her by the arm, his fingers digging in to her skin. She tried to shake him off.

'You're coming with me,' he growled, pulling her along to the door.

He was surprisingly strong - very strong in fact. The way he gripped on to her, with an unstoppable sense of determination. She pulled back, as hard as she could but he yanked her towards him and pushed her to the door which he unlocked, quick as lightening.

He shoved her out the door and dragged her along with him as he began to run in Snow's direction. He called her name, smashing things to the floor as he tunnelled along.

'Let her go! cried Alana. 'She's six years old! Let her go! You don't need her, you've got me. Stop Elias, just stop.'

But he ignored her and kept chasing through the building. They got all the way to the entrance but the door had been flung open and Snow was nowhere to be seen. She's out there. Now she just needs to find help.

Alana breathed a sigh of relief. She thought to herself that whatever happens now, happens to her. Not to her daughter, and that was more important than anything. Snow was alone, and frightened, but she was away from him. Elias turned to her, his face full of spitting anger.

'You've split us up now, she what you've done?'

'There was never any 'us' Elias. And there never will be.'

He grabbed onto her other arm.

'You think you can manipulate me? Use me then discard me?'

His teeth were gritted, all of his calm collectedness completely gone. This is more like it, an incensed loon. Before she could say anything he had drawn back and whipped his knife out of his pocket. He nodded towards the door.

'Get out of here,' he said.

'Where are we going?' she replied, terror creeping up on her again.

'Get out.'

She saw the blade catch the sunlight coming through the door, then turned to leave. He knows we can't stay here because Snow will tell them where we are. As she walked out of the door, into the fresh air, Elias right behind her, she noticed Snow's pink lunch box lying there on the ground. So did Elias.

'That was Snow's wasn't it?'

He turned to her, frowning.

'You left it out here on purpose?'

She didn't answer that. He pulled the lunch box towards him with his foot, then drew back and kicked it high into the air. As it spun away he turned to her again.

'It's not going to be much use to you now, is it?'

If you liked this chapter then please don't forget to vote! Also, your feedback is very welcome too, I always try to answer.