i- When Light Falls To Dark, Heroes Rise From The Ruins In A War Against Fate

Start from the beginning

Thick and heavy, the cold sheets of coalesced droplets increased in pressure suddenly and continued falling without pause— if the immediate surroundings were desirable, the small storm would be considered a soothing comfort for lonely souls and would be a rather beautiful sight despite the cloudiness snuffing any light out of existence. However, there was a unsettling background noise that made for an unwelcoming guest, one which was unwilling to be ignored —barking and snapping and howling horribly like a malicious phantom preying upon unsuspecting sacrifices as it creeped. In the middle of deep winter —yet strangely warm enough to threaten rain —a foreboding absence of light overwhelmed the night, sinister and extremely unpleasant, chilled breezes shockingly harmonizing with the ominous snapping of an occasional fierce wind, acting like a disembodied, ghostly song distantly coming and going, continuously searching for something to tauntingly haunt. Perhaps there was a mournful cry echoing somewhere nearby, it was entirely possible to mistake such foreboding sounds, which was caused by the adverse weather. Other than the clamoring gales, there was also a disconcerting lull in commotion.

Then, all at once between a few precious moments, the outside cacophony came roaring back a thousandfold in blinding, threatening flashes.

Beyond any known civilization in a hidden location, a great sprawling community of dilapidated ruins fell into permanent devastation, a dense feeling of emptiness and hopelessness weighed somberly on what little actually remained. Multiple separate fires unremittingly swept through ravaged paths now blocked by crumbled debris or bloodied weapons or dead bodies, scorching and perpetually devouring despite the abnormal showering rain —the rasping infernos starving to simply destroy while the unfortunate casualties were years of aged history being lost immediately, fascinating buildings reduced to mere heaps of rubble in minutes. A thunderous bombardment of intermittent, shrilling screams and languishing wails were eerily projected up to the still weeping sky, the cutting sounds leaping and bouncing over the tumultuous anarchy before dropping in harshness with no warning as if stopped cold.

A perfectly sad ending to a dismal climax.

However, as if by some unexplained miracle, one structure remained marginally untouched, but all was not well within.

Crawling straight from an unrelenting nightmare or the most shockingly horrendous imagination, broken bodies littered the busted and destroyed floor in an unwilling display of bitter submission. Darker than black, scrawling shadows of the oblivion jumped and grudgingly decreased in severity as a menacing brightness increased. Several extravagant stained-glass windows were obliterated by the devouring blaze still ravenously feeding on the dead and dying. Magnificent, complicated monuments were knocked over in a life or death struggle, shattering centuries of memoirs and untold knowledge of a time long since passed. Ornate marble decorations were battered and scratched, becoming a tarnished vermillion by remaining in such cruel surroundings.

Fresh blood unpleasantly flowed between the fractured cracks, eerily matching the color of the sinister uniforms dressing the deceased underlings' spiritless carcasses – a dark rebellion gone horribly wrong. This lovely, forgotten, once beloved, temple had witnessed terrifying quantities of bloodshed all for a single purpose.

Backed into a corner, a lone woman of immeasurable loveliness barely stood amongst the scattered debris, her waning strength nearly consumed and drained. Her rushed, labored breathing echoed in the expansive, hollowed space, vision spinning in dizzying circles as she worriedly hyperventilated rather uneasily. Exhaustedly slumping against a towering, blood-spattered goddess statue and desperately trying to calm down, she clutched her extremely pregnant stomach while another hand mindlessly dropped a reliable, plasma-soaked weapon.

Sorrowfully looking upon the deplorable wreckage she incidentally caused with disbelieving, bloodshot eyes, salty tears abundantly saturated her colorfully flushed cheeks, almost suffocating on heaving, painful sobs of astonishment and outright denial.

Forget Me Not | LoZ: BotW/LoZ: TotK {Link x Reader} On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara