Chapter 17

Harry's been in school for a couple of months now and for the most part he loves it. He loves learning new things but he has trouble making friends. Harry's classmates are kind to him but he is not very good at socializing.

Sirius spent days before school begging Remus to let him homeschool Harry but Remus wouldn't give in. He claimed that all he would be teaching Harry how to do is to ride a broom stick and he wasn't 100% sure if Sirius even knew how to read.

Remus would deny it if someone asked him but he almost gave in the first day of school. They both went home with tears in their eyes after Harry almost forgot to say goodbye to them.

A few weeks after Halloween, Harry came running out of the doors with a girl with bushy brown hair and brown eyes and rather large front teeth.

"Moony, Padfoot I have a friend!" Harry yelled loudly for everyone outside the school to hear. The girl tried to stop Harry because they ran right passed her parents. Her parents looked at them in confusion, wondering why their daughter was running away with a boy at age 6.

Harry and the girl came to a stop in front of Sirius and Remus. Harry had a big smile on his face.

"Hello Harry. Who's your friend?" Remus asked.

"This is Hermione Granger. She's my friend. Can we take her home?" Harry asked.

"I'm sure she has parents and her own home." Sirius said with a laugh.

"She does but I want her to live with us." Harry said. "She makes things happen like me!"

"Quiet down, Harry." Renus said. "What do you mean make things happen?"

"The teacher told her that she wasn't trying hard enough on a project and Hermione got mad and made the teacher's drink spill all over her desk." Harry said.

"It was an accident. I don't know how I did it, honest!" Hermione said with tears in her eyes. "I don't want to get into trouble."

"Don't worry dear, you're not in trouble." Renus said.

Hermione beamed at him and stuck out her hand. "My name is Hermione Jean Granger. It is nice to meet you."

Remus and Sirius both shook her hand and introduced themselves as Hermione's parents walked up.

"Hermione, are you coming?" Her mother asked.

"Mum, I would like to introduce you to the Potters." Hermione said.

"Hello, my name is Remus Lupin and this is Sirius Black. We are Harry's Godfathers." Remus said and stuck out his hand for them to shake. "It's nice to meet you Mr. And Mrs. Granger."

"It's nice to meet you too. Please, call me Jean. My husband's name is Steven." Mrs. Granger said.

"Nice to meet you." Mr. Granger said. "Hermione are you coming?"

"Can I go to Harry's house?" Hermione asked.

"Uh-" Steven said as he looked over Sirius.

"It's fine with us. You can come over as well to get to know us for a bit, then we can take Hermione home." Remus said.

"Yes that would be fine." Jean said with a smile.

"Wonderful! Well it only takes a few minutes to walk there. It was nice out so we didn't bring the car." Remus said. "Sirius, go ahead of us please and ask Starry to have tea ready. Then ask her if she wants to visit Dobby for a while."

Sirius nodded and went ahead and hid around the corner to apparate to the sidewalk in front of the home.

They arrived at the home a while later and Hermione and her parent's mouths were opened in awe.