Chapter 1

Harry woke up on August 3rd, 1986 at 6 in the morning by his Aunt's yelling. He groaned and sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

'Why can't I ever sleep in?' He thought to himself.

He would never dare to say that out loud. He would get smacked across the face. He isn't allowed to ask questions, especially ones like that.

It was dark in his cupboard so he felt around for his glasses. He didn't find them until he heard a crunch. He picked them up and saw that they were broken.

'No! They're going to kill me. That's the second time this year!' He thought.

With a bang to his door he jumped and stood up quickly only to hit his head on the ceiling of the small cupboard. He felt is head and and lookedbat his hand to find red sticky stuff that he knew all too well.

His aunt opened his cupboard and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and dragged him out.

"Why aren't you making breakfast? You know damned well that Vernon has work in an hour. You should've been up a half hour ago!" She yelled at him and spanked his bottom. "Go!"

Harry ran to the kitchen with tears in the back of his eyes. First he ran to the sink and washed the blood off of his hands. Then he went to the fridge and got out the eggs and opened the freezer for the bacon. He dragged his step stool to the counter and started cracking the eggs. Once done he brought the stool and the eggs to the stove.

"He'll be awake in ten minutes boy. Hurry up or else I'll tell him. Don't you dare burn them this time."

"Yes Aunt Petunia. Sorry Aunt Petunia." He whispered back loud enough for her to hear.

Harry finished cooking 10 minutes later right before his uncle's alarm stopped beeping. He placed the food on three plates and placed the plates on the table and stepped away.

"Aunt Petunia, my glasses broke and I'm bleeding on my head." Harry told his Aunt.

Petunia looked at his nephew and saw the gash on his forehead and smirked. "I'm not buying you new glasses just for them to get broken again. Go find some tape. As for your head go clean it up yourself before you get blood on my floor."

"Yes ma'am." Harry said and rushed to the bathroom. He stuck his head under the sink as his uncle opened the door and grabbed him, making him jump and hitting his head hard on the metal.

His uncle dragged him back to the kitchen and pushed him onto the floor.

"What do you think you're doing boy? You are supposed to go to your cupboard after you make breakfast!" Vernon raised his hand and hit Harry hard across his face. Harry started to whimper from the sting on his cheek and the new gash on his forehead from the sink.

"S-sorry Uncle Vernon. I-I was cleaning my head. I'm b-bleeding." Harry mumbled to his uncle.

"I-I-I don't bloody care!" He screamed to his nephew. He looked at his head and then watched as a drop hit the floor. "How dare you get your dirty blood on our floor!"

Just then Harry's cousin, Dudley, came downstairs and smiled at the sight in front of him. "Hello Mummy. Hello father. May I help?" He asked with a smirk to Harry. Petunia awed at his manners.

"Go on Dudders. Give him a good kick." Vernon said cheerfully to his son.

Dudley stood beside Harry and looked down at him and smiled. He pulled his leg back and released it as hard as he could right at Harry's chest. Harry cried out in pain.