Chapter 12

During dinner, Severus tried to keep his eyes from wondering over to Harry. Every time he looked at him he felt a heat of anger go through him. He looked so much like James that he had to remind himself that he wasn't his father.

Then when Harry looked at him, Severus was heartbroken. He has her eyes. The girl he loved most in the world.

Severus couldn't take it anymore so he stood up abruptly from the table. "If you'll excuse me." He nodded to the other teachers and the headmaster.

After he left the great Hall he started running down to his room. Once he opened the door he walked to his bed and sat down. He sat there with his hands over his eyes silently crying for what seemed like days when there was a knock at the door.

"I am occupied at the moment." Severus said coldly.

The door opened and revealed Dumbledore with his hand on Harry's shoulder.

"Look at me Severus." Dumbledore ordered.

Severus moved his hands from his watery and swollen eyes and looked at Dumbledore.

"What do you need Albus?" Severus asked then looked at Harry. "And why is the boy with you?"

"Go on Harry." Dumbledore said and patted Harry's shoulder.

"I wanted to say goodbye, sir. A-and thank you." Harry said.

"Thank you for what?" Severus asked.

"U-um I don't really know. I just feel thankful." Harry said. Severus sighed and nodded at the boy.

"I will see you soon, Harry. They are waiting for you behind the corner." Dumbledore said to Harry.

"Thank you sir." Harry said and looked at Severus. "Goodbye."

Harry opened the door and ran back to his new family while Dumbledore stayed with Severus.

"May I sit?" Dumbledore asked and nodded towards a desk. He sat down when he got no answer and looked at Severus. "Anything you would like to say?"

"Does the boy have any magic in him?" Severus asked.

"Yes." Dumbledore answered. "So he will be attending this school in just five years. Whatever problem you have with him needs to get fixed. He is not James."

"Maybe Sirius and Remus will send him to Durmstrang." Severus said hopefully causing Dumbledore to chuckle.

"Sirius and Remus loved this school along with James and Lily. They wouldn't dream of sending him anywhere else." Dumbledore said.

"Then I will be resigning in five years." Severus said.

"No you will not." Dumbledore said.

"Don't you get it? I can't look at him without getting angry. I can't have him look at me without feeling sadness." Severus sighed. "I will not be teaching at this school when his time comes around."

"Yes you will be and that's final. I decide when my teachers leave. Maybe we can get the boy colored contact lenses." Dumbledore joked.

"This is not the time for jokes Dumbledore. Besides he could be allergic to them." Severus said.

"You have five years to get over your schoolboy hatred towards the boy. I will let you be." Dumbledore said.

Dumbledore finally left and Severus laid down on his bed and sighed. Five years to get over it. 'Impossible.' He thought to himself before falling asleep.

^^^^^^^

Back at the Black House, the new family was eating dinner at the table. Sirius was telling more stories about their days at Hogwarts and Harry and Petunia both listened attentively.