"Did you sleep at all?"

"No." I hastily replied. We were walking through the terminal at JFK airport situated in New York, one of the most desirable places for people like me.

"You're going to be so jet lagged."

"I'll be fine." I replied trying to hold back the yawn which was threatening to escape my mouth.

"Sure." She chuckled leading me towards the conveyor belt hopefully holding our luggage. "They better not have lost our luggage."

"I couldn't care less, I'm alive."

"Uh?"

"Nothing." I smiled eyeing the suitcases appearing through the gap in the wall onto the luggage belt. Do you know how tempting it is to just get up and stand on the conveyor belt? My eyes naturally scanned the area for any security as if I was really thinking about doing it.

"Don't even think about it."

"What?" I gasped, my head turned to face Maria as stood shocked, could she read my mind?

"You have a devious grin on your face, I know what you're thinking." She chuckled. "Oo! Here they are!" She sped off towards our suitcases which were racing around the luggage belt. I dragged my feet after her, grinning as I did at her happiness. "Here you go."

"Thanks." I muffled, struggling to take my bag from her hands. Unlike last time I had packed far more than I needed. I needed to impress this time, I didn't have One Direction backing me up and supporting me, I was on my own. I'm sure Cassadee will be there to offer advice but it's not quite the same as having your five best friends with you.

"Sure didn't pack light." Maria joked, hauling her suitcase behind her.

"I don't think either of us did."

"We're girls, what can I say?"

"Very true." I laughed, following her out of the terminal. The weather had so many similarities to good ole' London town. The only difference you could say was that it was slightly warmer. I was beginning to think wearing such a thick cardigan over my t-shirt wasn't a wise move. The air was just as musky and humid like back home but I couldn't help take a deep breath in and out again.

"You get used to the humidity."

"You've been here before?" I asked, my head snapped in Maria's direction, she was walking around like she lived here.

"Plenty of times, I have friends who live across the city."

"Oh cool."

"Yep, kinda jealous of them but I love my job."

"Jealous of them too." I jested. I continued to watch as she hailed a cab over like a pro, just like in the movies.

"C'mon, before someone else takes it." Her hand was already grabbing mine and launching me towards the yellow taxi cab pulling up to the side of the road.  "Four seasons hotel please." She instructed the driver once we were sat in the backseat.

"Four seasons?" I practically choked out.

"Yeah, we don't get the tour bus for another two days." She replied simply.

"But still the four seasons?!" I was whispering harshly instead of shouting.

"You don't think I'd let you stay in some run down, dingy old hotel did you?"

"I dread to think how much one room is per night."

"Don't worry about it, it's all catered for. Just enjoy yourself." She placed her hand on my knee giving it a reassuring, uplifting squeeze.