a different world [3] ↠ discontinued

You winced slightly as Keith put a cotton ball drenched with liquid onto your wounds

You winced slightly as Keith put a cotton ball drenched with liquid onto your wounds. It smelt strong and stung your nose, causing you to wrinkle it up slightly. "Stop moving," Keith huffed, still trying to wipe the blood from your knees and disinfect the openings of your skin. "I can't help it.. It hurts," you pouted, watching Keith, "What is this stuff anyway?" "It's called rubbing alcohol, (Your Name)," Keith sighed, taking the cotton ball from your skin and tossing it in a nearby hand-made trash can.

You and Keith had successfully made it back to his place without being spotted by the two men who were chasing them. Once they made it there, you were more than intrigued by the place Keith and his family laid their heads at. It was beautiful to you— in an enchanting way; the house was similar to a hut, but more customized. Everything was made from scratch, which made you adore it even more. The doors were made of stone, pink stone that obviously came from another planet, and the furniture inside must have come from Earth. The rest of the solar system didn't really carry plush sofas or small television sets.

"This is a beautiful home you have, Keith," you nodded, looking at him as he put gauze on your knees. He looked up at you for a second before putting the last set of gauze on your right knee, "This isn't home." The soft smile that you had upon your face fell, and you couldn't help but wonder why he didn't think this was home. It was amazing, and all the hard work he and his family had done was exemplified in every detail of this little hut.

"Why isn't it home? I've never seen a place so—"

"My home was taken away from me, and no other place will be considered home except for the house I grew up in," Keith semi-yelled, looking at you with glossy eyes. You saw the pain in his eyes, and it was completely unbearable; you thought nobody could explain the pain you had when you lost your mother, but Keith's struggles were a close second.

"What happened to your other house?.. If you don't mind me asking," you asked with a soft tone in your voice. Keith felt his heart flutter due to your sincerity; he never heard such a gentle tone in his life. Being around people that had no genuine bone in their body took a toll on Keith's belief in humanity. Growing up, he always thought that although everyone was corrupt in someway possible, everything would get better in the long run. Years had passed, and nothing had changed except for Keith's mindset. Everything seemed to get worse than it already was, and seeing the constant commotion only made his faith decrease.

"It's a long story," Keith nodded. "I have more than enough time. I'm sure my dad has finally noticed that I'm missing, and that he's looking around the solar system for me. You probably have an hour or so," you giggled, fixing the dress you wore so it wouldn't be so wrinkled. Keith slightly smiled at the giggles that escaped your mouth, looking down for a second. He hadn't cracked a smile in a while.

"Alright, alright, fine," Keith sighed in defeat, letting the smile on his face stay there, "It started back when our planet still had our leaders. My best friend, Algee Smith, and I were the badass kids of the town; you could say we're the reason why Malistia turned into what it is today. Our king and queen, along with their daughter, made an appearance in our town, and at first sight, Algee fell for their daughter. He made this elaborate plan on how he would be able to see her again, and, of course, I was apart of the plan. Being the amazing best friend I am, I went along with him to the royal family's house, and snuck into their daughter's bedroom. Her and Algee hit it off great, but the problem was that we got caught."

As the story continued, you could see the tone in Keith's voice changed. He started to get emotional and irritated, and you could tell he regretted his decision immensely. Tears weld up in your eye sockets as you heard Keith's voice crack at the second half of his story. "We went on trial, and ended up being sentenced harshly. Algee and his family had to move away from Malistia and my family and I had everything we've ever owned taken from us, including our own house. I was fuckin' heartbroken, (Your Name).. My mother resented me, and still hasn't forgiven me 'til this day. I'm lucky enough to be able to sneak out and visit Algee on Earth, hence the different things you see in my house that nobody else has. If anybody ever found out I was on Earth, I'd dig an even deeper whole for my family and I," he sniffled, wiping the tears that stained his cheeks away and looking up at you, "Promise me that you won't tell anybody about that? Anybody. I know you're a princess, but.."

"I won't tell a soul, Keith," you whispered, taking his pinky and wrapping it around yours, "Princess's honor." Keith looked into your eyes and could tell you were being truthful, causing him to pull you into a tight embrace. He didn't know why he was doing this, for he never let anyone, especially a female, touch him. He never had much luck with the ladies, but it seemed as though you were different, and not just because you were a princess.

You were surprised by Keith's embrace, but smiled once you felt the warmth of his body on yours, causing you to embrace him back. Out of kindness, you kissed his cheek softly, feeling a slight spark from your action. Keith must have felt it too because he instantly pulled back from the hug and stared into your eyes in astonishment. The feeling was all new to him, and he was even more joyful because it came from you. He knew his little brother had told you about how intrigued he was when it came to you. He didn't know whether you cared about it or not, but him being intrigued only made him want to get to know you better. He didn't want you to leave Malistia.

Your father's words lingered inside of your mind as you and Keith never looked away from each other: 'You need to find a husband, (Your Name), you'll only have a year left until the rest of the solar system decides who's going to be your husband for you'. Could Keith possibly be the husband you've been searching for your entire life?

"What is going on here?!"

You and Keith jumped and looked over at the front door to see no other than Mrs. Powers standing in the doorway.

Oh shit.

tbc.

hello my loves

hello my loves. 💞 i'm sorry this update wasn't as long, but i have a lot of things to do today. 😩

i thought it was time to update a different world, so i did. 😌 how are you guys liking it so far? things are going to get intense on the next part.

enjoy! until next time. ❤️

- c.