E I G H T

3rd Person POV

And Scott told the three Gladers everything. He told them about Stiles disappearing one day on his walk to school, and how the whole situation was a huge misunderstanding that took way too long to figure out there was something seriously wrong, considering Scott assumed that he was home taking the day off since 'Stiles doesn't get sick'. Meanwhile, the Sheriff thought that his son was at school all day. So imagine his surprise when Scott showed up at his door later that day with a new game and snacks for his son, who was apparently home all day. Then came the evidence in the woods, where Stiles swore that there was a shortcut, where his bookbag, his phone, and obvious signs of struggle were left. But that was it; no fingerprints or any form of DNA was found, and Derek, who had secretly stopped to do what he could for the boy that helped him, couldn't find a scent. Even Stiles' scent had been masked.

Scott also told them how a few years later, in sophomore year of high school, Scott went on a camping trip with a few of his friends. They decided it would be cool to play some hide-and-seek throughout the wooded scenery that surrounded the campsite. And that's where it happened. Peter Hale, Derek's psychotic uncle who has a weird obsession with v-necks, bit Scott, and Scott began his life as a werewolf. Scott lost his inhaler in the struggle, and went to retrieve it the next morning. So he wandered back to the general area of where his ribs were attacked with razor-sharp teeth, and that's where he met Derek Hale.

It took a while for Derek to open up about knowing Stiles, and that's because Scott did his best to avoid the topic of his best friend at all costs. But it was soon after Derek killed his uncle for the Alpha status that Scott celebrated Stiles' birthday, and Derek confessed. It was in that timeframe that Derek bit his three betas: Isaac Lahey, Erica Reyes, and Vernon Boyd. Scott initially refused to be part of Derek's pack because he didn't want to admit that he was practically alone, with the exception of his amazing girlfriend Allison, her best friend Lydia, and Scott's new best friend Jackson. But he then gave in, only to discover that he would become an Alpha himself, a True Alpha in fact.

But before they had encountered the Alpha Pack and Malia and Kira came along, Lydia discovered her powers as a powerful banshee, and Jackson was turned into a werewolf. After the Alpha Pack, Ethan and Aiden begged and pleaded for Scott to forgive them and allow them to be part of the pack. Scott, being Scott, of course gave his approval.

Then, after the whole issue with Theo and the Chimeras, Scott bit Liam (to save his life) and then his girlfriend Hayden. Mason, the human friend, reminded Scott a lot of Stiles at times, and it was actually painful.

Scott explained all of this, and the trio had three very different expressions. Minho had the face of a stern father about to give his child a lecture about lying, and he was shaking his head slightly in a disapproving manner. Newt's head was cocked to the side with his eyebrows furrowed in utter puzzlement, like a child trying to understand a too-complex joke for their age. Teresa, however, had the face of extreme anger and resentment, her cheeks flushed a dark scarlet, and her icy blue eyes ablaze.

"After all that we've been through, you're going to feed us that? Just because we haven't seen the real world in years doesn't mean we're stupid, Scott. Maybe we should just leave and find Tom on our own," Teresa spoke in a shrill voice that left the werewolves cringing. She turned to open the door of the moving car.

Liam lept to lightly touch her wrist, silently praying that she doesn't freak out once again. "Teresa! We aren't trying to mess with you, I swear. Do you want me to prove it to you?" He does his best to turn and face her from his spot in the passenger seat of the Jeep that would have been Stiles' if he had been there to get it.

She gave him a distrusting look that almost made Liam cringe. "How could you prove that that whole story actually happened? You're just a kid," she crinkled her nose slightly at the young beta, and Liam's jaw dropped.