Chapter 9 "BB's good side"

“I never wanted this to go this far” he says sitting down at the foot of the bed. “All I wanted was to be a step ahead of L for once, to just feel like I mean something other than some evil twin; I try to be like him because I envy him. He’s the best of the best, but I’m just known as a killer.”

I remember reading an article awhile back about the BB murder case, BB killed a lot of people then tried to commit suicide by setting himself on fire. Luckily they were able to stop him but they locked him up in prison where he was believed to have died of a heart attack (they think he was one of the men who Kira killed)

“Beyond you could start over” I stay crawling across the bed, I sit next to him. “You can help people instead of killing them”

BB looks as if he’s taking my offer into consideration “it’s no use Angel, I was born with these eyes, I can’t help that this was what I was meant to do” he then points to the door. “so please just… go, L misses you” he then laughs “even though he’s probably been watching you this whole time” he then points to the security camera by the door that Beyond had hooked up so he could keep watch of me even when he was away.

I hug Beyond tightly “never try to be like someone you’re not, be your own person.” I than grab my clothes out of the dresser and slip them over my pajamas as I quickly walk out the front door. The man at the front desk stops me before I’m able to make it out the front door. He says nothing as he hands me an umbrella. Outside I see that the rain is almost pouring down. It’s only rained once since I’ve been here and that was the day Beyond requested that I be dropped off here. The man also handed me my cell phone that Beyond took from me. The first person I call is again, Watari. He picks up after the first ring.

“Angel is this you?” I hear a chair squeak in the background as if someone rushed to get up. Lawliet.

I was speechless, I could only get out. “I’m coming home” I gasp I stand in front of the building with the umbrella open. Watari gasp, I hear his voice muffled as he covers the phone.

“She’s coming home” I’m guessing Masuda is there because someone cheers. Then my heart sinks as a girl’s voice is heard.

“It’s about time” she squeals “I need a girlfriend to hang out with!” Light laughs at her

“Sorry to break it to you Misa but Angel is the exact opposite of you”

Lawliet says something too, it sounds like “Hand me the phone”. Everything goes silent until that sweet voice comes on “Angel you will never believe what we were able to find out, while you had Beyond distracted we were able to uncover more about Kira, we caught a man who we have proof to be Kira, he told us about this Notebook that anyone’s name who is written in it shall die of a heart attack.” I listen to him talk as I cross the street almost to the building that is Head Quarters. Lawliet seems to have everything figured out. He knew a long time ago about a Death Note. He wished that he would never have to see one after the BB murder case but, he thinks that there might be several of them. I hope he solves this case soon, because I want to go home. I don’t want to keep going on like this, thinking that at any moment I could lose Lawliet. I felt safer at home with the feeling of doubt, just hoping that he is safe is better than knowing he isn’t. But, I have a plan. I have to talk him to go home with me. I’ll get Watari to buy us a house; we will live in a secluded part of the world. I don’t care if its half way across the world, just as long as I know for a fact that Lawliet is safe. I walk into the building smiling taking in the smell of lavender, and strawberries (that’s how the lobby always smells to her). I love the click of the marble floor, the way the elevator squeaks as it opens, the mirror wall inside the elevator, the way the buttons glow like it’s been calling me home. The best feeling is when the elevator beeps, then the door feels like slow motion as it opens. I smile as all meets mine. The first person’s eyes that meet mine are Lawliets. I don’t hesitate as I run up to him, wrapping my arms around him. He loses balance and falls back onto the white couch. I laugh burying my face in his shirt.

“Marry me” he whispers into my ear so quiet that no one but me could hear. I look up meeting his eyes