Chapter 3: "bad dreams"

Watari chuckles “only a little taller, same as always”

I smile as we pass building after building; people suddenly get out umbrellas as rain starts to pour down.

“Maybe with you here he will finally get some sleep” he says as we turn on airport road. “I remember when I would check on Lawliet during a rain storm you both would be huddled together in bed scared of the rain asleep. If I tried to separate you, you would go into shock so after a while. We let you both share a room”

I fall asleep putting my IPod headphones on putting “a thousand years” on repeat.

I wake up to the last verse playing “I’ll love you for a thousand more…” I’m in a cream colored room, brown cream bed covers me. I feel as if I’m lying on a cloud. I feel my hand held in another’s. I lay my head back down on the pillows gently squeezing his hand

“Lay down with me?” I say tiredly.

He gently lifts the cover up scooting close to me laying the covers over us. I lay my head on his chest listening to his heart beat though his shirt. I clench the teddy bear close to me holding it between Lawliet and me.

“I could die tomorrow” he says weakly

I look up him shocked. I meet his dark black eyes. “Lawliet, I’m never letting you go, as long as I am here I will never let anything happen to you, and I’m not losing you again” I feel him sigh.

“Light has to be Kita”

“With me here I will do all I can to help you solve this case”

“But then what?”

I cross my finger’s “move back to England… with me”

I feel him smile “sounds like a plan”

“I love you Lawliet” I whisper feeling the knot in my stomach again waiting in silence for him to respond

“I love you to-“he tenses up grabbing his chest with his hand. I panic “Lawliet what’s wrong?!” no respond. “LAWLIET!” I scream shaking his shoulders as he stares off into space.

“Angel” he gasp weakly “my life you can take” he sings weakly

I start crying holding him close “to have her please just one day wake”

I watch as I tear flows down his face as his eyes slowly began to close. I cry into his shirt for hours feeling empty and cold inside.

“Sucks to have the love of your life gone don’t it” a voice snickers. I look to see a blonde gothic girl standing at the end of the bed holding a book titled ‘Death Note’ “don’t worry” she says smiling. “You’re next”. The room goes black as I scream, crying.