𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐬

Bree became a teacher after college. It was an easy decision for her because after having Quentin she learned to love children in a new way and wanted to give them the best education which was something she felt very passionate about.

She never hated children or thought bad things about them, well not more than anyone else. Unlike most girls, she never dreamed of having them in the future. She didn't want to have a big family with daughters and sons and husband and animals.

She was never that kind of girl who wanted a commitment. She didn't want to love anyone when there was a risk of losing them. Bree hated the idea of loving someone so much that you couldn't be happy, live or even breathe without them. In fact, she had never dated before Xavier or had sex before him. He was her first everything.

She was scared, so so scared that her son was growing so fast. Soon he'll turn five and start school and before she knew it, he would be eighteen and move out, starting his own life as an adult.

"You'll always be my little boy," she whispered as he held sleeping Quentin in her arms. It was already nine in the evening and he had fallen asleep in the middle of the story.

She stopped reading his favorite book and just held him like a loving mother fearing to lose her child. She didn't know if there was God somewhere out there but every night, before going to bed, she prayed that she wouldn't lose him too. Not her baby boy, not like she just lost her fiancé.

She knew for the fact that if that happened, it would crush her till there was nothing left.

She didn't want to risk waking him up when she left for her own room so she decided to stay there, in his room and sleep next to him where she could keep him safe from dangers of the world.

🌺🌺🌺

Bree was eating in the five-star restaurant with her family, holding Quentin close to her. She hadn't seen her parents after they visited New York seven months ago and the visit lasted only two days before they went back to work.

She was definitely out of her comfort zone here and couldn't even tell if it was because of her parents or the very expensive restaurant which only customers seemed to be millionaires.

At least, that's what she thought while looking at all women in long dresses and men in suits. Only their clothes cost probably more than her monthly wage.

She had never gotten along with her parents. Well, not since she was about seven years old when her parents started to demand higher grades. They said that there was no point to do anything if you couldn't be the best at it.

So she listened to them, being the naive, young girl who only wanted to make her parents proud of her. Still, nothing was good enough for them. As time went by, their words didn't affect her like they used to.

Before they motivated her and made her try more and more so she could some day hear the words 'you did good, I'm proud of you'. Now that she was an adult herself and mother, she couldn't even tell them what she had accomplished. She had learned that nothing would ever be good enough for them.

Her brother had experienced the same kind of behavior from them. That was probably one of the reasons why he chose to move to New York of all places after high school.

Unfortunately, that also meant leaving Bree alone at home with them for three years before she made the same decision. She wouldn't have had guts to move so far away if she was alone there.

It took a long time to even admit her parents that she chose to became a teacher just because she feared what they would say. They had been mostly quiet, faking happiness but probably sad because she wasn't a lawyer like they had planned. Another disappointment.