Chapter 8- We Meet Again...Sort of

" Linux!" Katie screamed," She's tricking you!!"

" Whu?" Linux mumbled half dazed.

" Don't listen to her, listen to me," Finola said seductively," I'm here to love you again."

" Linux!" Katie grabbed Linux by the hand and pulled him from Finola's grip. Then she slapped him and shouted," Pull yourself together, you stupid boy! Resna is dead and she'll never come back!! All you can do now is accept her last wish! Move on, Linux!! Or don't you love her enough anymore?"

That woke Linux up. He punched Katie ," I loved Resna more than you'll ever know!!" He shouted angrily.

" She's not the only one who cares for you, you know!!" Katie said angrliy, trying to hold back tears.

Linux opened his eyes. He was dreaming," Stupid Katie," He mumbled and went back to sleep, but a sharp knock on his door made him sit up in bed," Alright already!" he shouted.

Meanwhile ...

" So anyway, that's what happened," Finola said," I admit, I failed but I was still young back then. Totally inexperienced."

" Is it time to go yet?" the woman said sleepily," You've been telling that story for hours now."

" ah, yes, of course," Finola stood up and smiled at Cris, who fell asleep in his chair," If Katie was a boy, she'll look just like you."

"Was she that cute?" the woman asked innocently.

Finola laughed," yes she was. Come on."

Back at Clarissa's school...

" Let's go" Zen said. she was already in the carriage Clarissa had prepared for them.

 "Alright already," Linux said," Why do I have to go anyway?"

" Because Clarissa said so," E.J. said behind him," By the way have you seen Skit?"

" Who's Skit?" Linux looked at E.J.

" He's Cris' black cat," E.J. said.

" Isn't that supposed to be bad luck from where you came from?" Linux asked, intrigued.

" Well it's not for Cris," E.J. said and shrugged," Why, what's it like in this world?"

"" Luck isn't very popular here," Linux said," She's very picky, ya know. And lucky charms or bad luck ones don't affect her either."

" Her?"E.J. repeated, raising a brow.

" Hurry up!" Zen said," Cris will be waiting for us."

E.J. forgot all about their conversation with all the worry coming back to her. She was silent all through the ride to the museum. But when they entered the Destiny City Museum, not even all the worry in the world could keep her from saying," Wow."

The Museum entrance was being guarded by two statues, one of a man and one of a woman, both in robes,looking dead serious at anyone who entered. inside it was more magnificent. The main room was wide and circular with gold and sky blue trimmings. There was an entrance every which way with labels written in neat purple cursive letters. E.J. read History, Supernatural, Gadgets, and Cuisine amongst other things. They entered the hallway labeled Mystery. It was a bit eerie and there was no one in sight.

"Does any of you have any idea what we're here for?" Linux asked.

"We're here for Cris," E.J. said determinedly.

"I'm scared," Zen said.

" Don't be," E.J. said soothingly," I'm sure Cris will be there."

Soon they arrived at the end of the corridors, where a box stood on a gold pedestal, and it was decorated with gold and black flowers. It had a built in lock, which was shaped like a five petaled flower, made completely of gold. a small dim light hung over the box.

"Can you feel that?" E.J. said warily," It's go some dark aura to it."

"I can see it clearly," Zen said, eyes wide," It's like black smoke shaped like a snake.It's wrapped around all over the box."

" Even with my magic, I can only see it faintly," Linux said, frowning," Why is it that you can see it clearly?"

" What do we do with it?" E.J. asked.

"It's not in Mystery for nothing," Linux said," Be careful."

" Well, well, well.They actually are here," Finola's voice echoed through the narrow halls. The three of them turned around to find Finola standing a few feet behind them, Cris asleep in her arms and an unknown lady behind her.

" What did you do with Cris?!" E.J. demanded.

" Relax, sweet cheeks, he's just sleeping," Finola said," Now if you'll excuse us, we need to get to that box."

" You're not getting anywhere near the box, Finola," Linux said," And that's final."

" I'm calling the shots here, linux," Finola said," Unless you never want to see the boy wake up ever again."

E.J. wanted to punch her in the face," Fine," she said grudgingly. She stepped aside and Zen and Linux followed her lead.

" Go on ahead," Finola said to the woman with her," It's in there."

" Really?" the woman ran over to the box, and opened it with excitement. Black smoke engulfed her, and when it dissipated, she was sort of, transformed. Her hair was free of it's ponytail, and it hung freely on her back. Her long dress was replaced with a black and red one, with short sleeves and shorter hems. She wore long black boots on her legs and an evil grin on her face," Where is it?" she asked hungrily.

" Over here," Finola said, with a smile of her own. Suddenly E.J. knew what was going to happen. she grabbed for the nearest artifact she could find, which thankfully turned out to be a sword. It was glowing faintly blue, but E.J. didn't have time to admire it. She slashed and cut the woman on the arm, and bright red blood rushed out the cut. The woman snarled at her, baring her fangs.

"Get away from Cris!!" E.J. said.

That was the distraction Linux was waiting for. He suddenly appeared behind Finola and grabbed Cris,then shook him," Wake up dude," he said, almost worriedly.

Cris woke with a start," Whu- what happened?" he blinked a few times before sitting up. When he saw E.J. being cornered by the now-dangerous woman, he stood up immediately,"pejifix auique boquecmizz!!" he shouted. A white glowing figure in the shape of a girl appeared between E.J. and the woman, and it giggled and waved at Cris.

The woman backed away, then ran into the shadows, disappearing completely.

"I'll be back for you, boy," Finola said before disappearing to the shadows as well.

"E.J., what are you holding?!" Linux said, amazed.

E.J. glanced at the glowing blue sword that was still in her hands. The color was slowly changing to creamy yellow, but it was still a faint glow," Sorry, I was just so in a hurry," she tried to explain," And the woman was gonna kill him I just knew it, and-"

" No, E.J., that sword is one of the most dangerous swords to ever be in Myowwo," Linux said," All who've tried to wield it have died. All but two. One is the son of a goddess, and the other is..."

" me?" E.J. guessedd," Because my mom's a goddess too? Is that it?"

" Not just any goddess," Linux said.

" We should go back to the school," Cris interrupted," Clarissa should know about this."

" The monster?" Zen said," Yeah, i guess she should."

" That and we failed," Cris said," We were supposed to destroy whatever was inside that box."

" And now it's on the loose," E.J. said," looks like our stay here just became longer."