Chapter 41

What do you do when you are constantly disappointed? When promises are broken? When you believe that what that person was saying to be true was really something so false...

How do you answer these questions when you don't have a damn clue on how to answer them...

Nick fell off the wagon just three weeks after he had promised me that he will change. I suppose I had no chance against his friends and his fraternity brothers. Peer pressure can be a real bitch.

If it wasn't for the uploaded photos on Facebook and his stupid friends tagging him, I would have gone on being oblivious to his drinking. And I was doubting myself as well. Am I being a little too controlling? Should I let him have some type of freedom and let him be until our baby is due? Maybe then he'll man up and stop.

I didn't know what to do. Will it be too extreme to break it off with him?

I was at a loss...And I was tired of this constant cycle that we were finding ourselves in.

I spoke to my parents about my concerns and they had told me that it was my decision and that they would support me with whatever I decide. I wanted to know what their opinions were, but they remained tight lipped, which got me frustrated.

Instead I went to Sarah, who told me to break up with him as soon as I opened my mouth and asked her for her advice.

"You know there are other guys who are interested in you." She explained with a wink.

"Don't Sarah. He's a great guy but I don't know how I feel about him."

"Look. Dean thinks the sun revolves around you, but you're too engrossed with Nick that you don't notice the way he looks at you. How many times do I have to say it? That boy is head over heels in love with you. How many times are you going to give Nick second chances over and over again? How do you know that he is not cheating on you now, huh?"

All the blood drained from my face as I stared at her with wide eyes.

"I don't want to scare you honey. But you're here and he's there. Guys have needs and with him drinking and probably getting stoned. Those college girls will all be lining up to flirt and try to get into his pants, with their short skirts and even tinier shirts, with boobs and ass hanging out for all to see. And I'm sure he would be lapping it all up."

I slumped back in my seat. I know there were some truths to what Sarah was saying and describing in great detail.

I didn't know what was going on over there, I only knew what he was telling me in texts and over the occasional phone calls.

Would he be that heartless and hurt me in the worst possible way?

"We need to go there now."

"Whoa whoa whoa, hold up there. We can't just drive for two hours - "

"Why not? I need to know if he's telling me the truth!" I interrupted her.

"Jules. First off. It's only Thursday and second, my parents will kill me if I take off in my car without letting them know where I'm going. Not to mention your mom will think you got kidnapped. Let's stop and think, then maybe we can come up with a plan."

"Jesus Christ Sarah. Why did you had to tell me this?" I muttered and placed my face in my hands.

"Because you know I don't have a filter and, you also know I say things that are on my mind. Plus, he's telling you what you want to hear so you could get off his back. How many times has he made contact with you, and without you instigating it?"

None.

My silence confirmed her answer.

"Can you take me home?" I said quietly and got up, walking out of her house and to her car.