8: Ending 4

Madoka and Homura are brought into the barrier created by the familiar of love with the help of a certain individual. The four are enclosed in an opaque cube, which is invisible to everyone excluding the Magical Girls. The three left outside can only see the cube's exterior, which is a whirlwind of colour. To them it sticks out like a graffiti wall in the middle of the jungle, even more so as it glows in the night.

    The familiar of love reaches out a hand to comfort her mistress. Madokami watches in silence, knowing not to ruin the moment. Homura screams in agony. She shakes for a few moments and then her expressions show a rare calmness.

    Homura's earring comes onto her now outstretched palm. The pink separates from the purple, and they turn into twin teardrops, minus the colours. Homura's becomes violet with tinges of red while Madoka gets slivers of white in hers. The twin teardrops are now pendants, with silver braided ribbons becoming their chains. The two gems appear to be purified somehow, any murkiness disappearing altogether. Love puts each one on their respective owners.

    Madoka, in her deity form finally understands Homura's intentions. She separates from her human form, giving her the assurance that they will unite soon. Madokami takes the familiar for a walk around the cube, which stretches beyond the normal dimensions. They do not return.

    Madoka is now separated yet again, but this time of her own volition. She shakes the still crying Homura rather violently. If her intention was to snap her out of it, it works brilliantly.

    Homura, while still in the crying fit, realises she broke Madoka's trust. She breaks the barrier with the realisation. The cube crumbles and energy is released. In an instant, it is over.

    Mami, Kyōko and Sayaka are happy at Madoka's 'return'. They still give suspicious looks at Homura, but those give way quickly seeing as nobody is harmed. Kyōko is still in Magical Girl form, while Sayaka and Mami are not. We later get to know that Madokami escaped the barrier early to meet the three.

    Madoka runs to the three to give them a group hug. They let go, after which Homura walks to Sayaka who is slightly leaning on Kyōko for support. She has a tearful goodbye with Madoka and then entrusts her with Sayaka, asking them both to take care of each other. What she doesn't tell Sayaka is that she will always be looking out for them all, as there will be no more going back to human life.

     Not too far away, a certain force casts a spell on every earth resident before vanishing forever. Kyubey's newly-opened emotions cause it to make a wish to protect earth with its own strength and to not bother any species outside of the Incubators with the entropy situation. The wish causes Kyubey to disappear, just like the mysterious force that left a few moments back.

    Homura's form changes once again, in front of the five. The black witch dress gets a makeover, matching the pendant that her Soul Gem is. It becomes a violet gown with tinges of various colours and ribbons of silver and white on the edges. The crow like wings she once sprouted become lavender and fill out the skeleton-like parts. She is transformed to the likeness of nearly an angel. The boots and hairband become a shade of red, but her hair remains the same.

    For a few moments, Mami and Kyōko are left open mouthed because they finally see everything happening in Homura's perspective. Even Sayaka decides to forgive her actions, considering the immense obstacles she went through. Once they accept Homura as one of them, she ceases to be a Magical Girl. She ascends, or rather transcends the boundaries of their earth. Homura is not seen by any of the Magical Girls after, unless if Madokami can be counted.

    The others get a normal life, as normal as an ordinary human life can be. Sayaka and Kyōko make an awesome twosome wherever they are. They keep in contact with Mami and Madoka. Mami adopts a girl Nagisa on finding her identity as a Magical Girl. She is never lonely anymore. Madoka gets closer to her own family and also to Sayaka, after all the two have been friends since forever. Hitomi and Kyousuke become the next door neighbours to Sayaka, around the time she and Kyōko buy an apartment in Mitakihara. There are ups and downs, but nothing too much to handle.

    Madokami and Madoka reunite after her earthly death and they together meet Homura, after the Law of Cycles brings all the other Magical Girls to their version of heaven.

If you liked this ending and wish to see the other routes, check out the other options.