Route 6:ii

*That Pre-climax Chapter

Madoka transforms into Madokami. Her hair grows, she wears a white gown similar to a bride's and her demeanour also shows a change, from shy to having a knowing look.

"It's fine. I understand everything now, and know your intentions. My choice is aligned perfectly with yours, even when it appears otherwise. I submit my human self to your plans. You have great power and an unrivalled imagination."

Her presence is overwhelming, leading me to be slightly embarrassed. "There's no need for all that."

"But there is. I'd better convey this to Madoka and turn back. Homura will be startled if she finds out."

There is a blinding flash and Madoka returns to herself. She doesn't look confused or anything of that sort. Maybe a part of Madokami is still there.

"I understand everything. It is a bit confusing, but my conscience tells me you can be trusted with my life."

I'm surprised Homura isn't here yet, you'd expect her to be super protective. Maybe Madokami knows how to hide her presence. I notice Madoka waving her hand in front of my face.

"You okay there?"

"Yep, just zoned out for a bit. Anyway, I'll just leave now since you know everything, Sayaka and Kyōko still don't."

I walk out, after a goodbye to the family. Junko wants me to come over more often and I accept, just in case I'm not shipped back after the apocalypse.

We could tell them together. I'll call them for a meeting and do the explaining.

Huh? I swear that's Madoka's voice but I'm on the road, alone. Wonder if replying will help.

~Could you convince Mami for me to have it in our place?~

Sure thing.

That actually happened. Madoka and I can mind speak. On reaching home, Mami gives me a glare, only to brush it off with a "Please help me get ready for your friends."

"Already?" I accidentally shouted. Obviously I'm not used to this mind talking.

Well, I did call her. The others are on their way and so am I. Plus we're the only ones to be able to speak this way, getting the others on board will attract Homura's attention.

Mami replies, "Madoka says it's an emergency. You should have informed me earlier, we could've had so many tea parties with the gang."

The gang? This is going to be brilliant.

"I need your trust and theirs too. Saying I'm an alien from another universe come here by request of the Incubators wouldn't make me seem the most trustworthy."

"You have a point. Come, set this."

We set up the room and there is a knock on the door. Madoka enters, rather happy and excited. Before I can close the door, I hear Sayaka shouting and let her and Kyōko in as well.

I've given them selective memories back. They're probably on board with us so we can just discuss the plans instead of explaining much.

~Okay.~

They seat themselves in a circle. There is a flurry of discussion about how nostalgic this entire setup is, except for the obvious fact that Homura isn't around and I'm in her place. Before I can get an inferiority complex however, Mami and Madoka come to my rescue.

They tell the others about their roles and responsibilities. The two efficiently write up a number of tactics which can fall into one another should anything be off. Sayaka questions Mami.

"What is the worst case scenario that you can imagine for us right now?"

Madoka is about to answer for her, but Mami reassures her and speaks up, with a tone of objectivity.

"It could be decided by the presence of three of five conditions:
Madoka is nearly defeated, physically or mentally.
Madoka turns evil. There's no telling what can happen in the heat of battle.
Homura is about to die but the reins to control the universe haven't been passed on.
Civilians, even those far away from the battleground are being injured by an otherwise unknown cause.
Only one of us remains conscious and able to fight at a certain point."

Not having better ideas, we accept it as fact. Sayaka isn't done though.

"What is Madoka supposed to do once she reaches the centre?"

"She knows what to do already. It's just she needs the exact moment for everything to fall into place."

"What about us once that happens?"

"If there is any interference, we stop that. If not, we become bystanders or we could protect civilians."

"If Madoka is centre, Kyōko and I are mid, then what are you both doing?" She looks at Mami and me.

I answer this time. "Mami's better at long range, plus she will get a good angle to observe the situation. I'm rather useless in battle, but I can relay messages between you. Maybe I'll help random bystanders get out."

They don't argue with that, knowing that I'm not a Magical Girl like the rest. They're just thankful I've not had to make a contract with Kyubey, as Madoka tells me.

Just about a few minutes later, the window shows a quickly darkening sky. People are running amok, hopefully to their homes. We get out of the house asap. Madoka tells me to lead. I take them towards the source, the very garden where one soul nearly suffocated it's very existence.

Continues in 7 B