1: An Introduction of Sorts

You, the reader will enter the PMMM Universe in a few moments. You are chosen by Kyubey cause we feel you'll be our only hope. To avoid confusion on reaching, we've made arrangements for residence in Mitakihara City - you will stay with Mami as an exchange student from the UK. Don't worry about language barriers as we've incorporated a fix for that too. You will attend the same class as the rest of the cast to put you at ease through the mission. We were informed that you needn't be given an introduction to us by an anonymous source. As you aren't from here, you will get a chance to make or break the thing you call 'bonds' with the others. Hope you can enjoy (is this a word you use?) your stay. Also this will entirely happen during your dreams so it shouldn't interfere with the rest of your life.
P.S: Emotions are very new to us so we apologise for any weird wordings.
~The Incubators

(The actual chapter starts here)

   My head spins as I wake up. Why is it so uncomfortable here? This is definitely not my house. The room I am currently in is quite large, unlike the average bedroom. A glistening chandelier hanging from the ceiling, the decorated walls, everything is beautiful. I decide to explore the rest of the place and hopefully find the owner to ask how I reached here.

    I walk through a passage, well lit by the many lamps, and decide to open a random door. It leads to the bathroom and I almost close it, when the image in a mirror catches my eye. My face is mine all right, but not quite right. It looks a bit animated to be precise — something like an anime version of me, only more natural. Suddenly a thought strikes me.

Does that letter even exist?

    I search my pockets. There is nothing in them. On returning to the room, I find a note next to the bedside lamp. Opening it, I realise it is all real. Kyubey does exist and by extension, everyone else too. Homura is actually in charge of this place and I need to really get my act on soon.

    I just about put the note into a nearby bag, when a young lady, whose name I vaguely remember to be Mami, enters.

"Hi. Tomorrow's your first day of school. I would have woken you up now to help you prepare, but it seems that you might learn your way around quicker than expected."

"Where am I exactly? When did I come here?"

"This is my house. Well, we picked you up at the airport yesterday. You were a bit out of it, probably the jet lag. I'm Mami, in case you've forgotten that too."

"I remember that much," I chuckle. "Pleased to meet you. I'm ..."

"I know your name. The Board already sent me a notice. Don't worry about being formal. We can be friends you know?"

"Okay, Mami... senpai."

"It's alright if you don't use honorifics with me. I'd personally prefer -chan or -san though, -senpai makes me sound too old. Anyway, you'll have to carry..."

   The instruction goes on for an eternity of a while and before you know it, the day comes to an end.

(The next day)

   After finishing my morning routine, I go to the dining room for breakfast. Mami comes out with a tray of pancakes.

"How did you know I'd like pancakes?"

"Everyone likes pancakes, silly."

    I cut a slice and take a bite.

"These are really delicious, Mami-san."

"Of course they are. Everyone I make these for says that." She freezes, as if in a trance.

"Are you alright?"

    She takes a step back and mouths a yes. I decide not to ask anything further.

    After a quarter of an hour, she brings with her a uniform. It consists of a cream blouse and a black plaid skirt. I quite like it, especially since it fits wonderfully on trying it. The blouse has a red bow where a tie would be, matching the red hem, and the collar along with the sleeve ends are white. This doesn't seem bad at all.

"Would you like to accessorise a bit? Maybe a bracelet or earrings. Would you like me to do your hair?"

"It's alright. I have some things around here. I'll ask you for help if needed."

    The bags in my room have turned out to be mine after some checking. I open a purse to find a whole lot of jewellery and hair accessories. You could say a silver bracelet called out to me. I wear it and then take a bunch of clips, styling my hair till satisfactory.

"That looks pretty cool. You've got to teach me how to do my hair like this."

"Thanks. Maybe when we're both free."

"Oh right, it's about time we leave. Don't wanna be late on the first day right?"

" 'Course not!"

    We walk to the school, which isn't too far. Mami leaves me at the gate, and tells me to wait for her after as she wants to show me around the area, provided I'm not tired.

    Humongous is an understatement for the building. It can probably fit a couple of University campuses easily. The grounds are clean and seem to be regularly maintained.

    I step into the Principal's Office and get a map of the campus as well as my schedule. Outsider the class, I hear the teacher ranting about something rather irrelevant.

"And that is why you don't criticize any..."

"Sensei, aren't you forgetting something?" A voice pipes in.

"Right. She must be here already. Let me check."

    Footsteps click nearer and nearer until they stop. The teacher opens the door to let me in. I enter and climb onto the platform to introduce myself. After the introduction, I get down and look for a seat. At least that's what it may look like; trying to hide fangirling on seeing Sayaka and Madoka in the same class is difficult.

"You can take the seat in front of Madoka, she's the one with the pink pigtails."

   My eyes wander and I see the empty chair. Going to the chair, the tomboyish Sayaka introduces herself. Madoka does too and says she's also new to the school. A couple of my new classmates, a wave at me, including a girl with long green hair called Hitomi and a 'seemingly average' guy Kyousuke. They ask me a couple of questions. I answer them, remembering to go by the note.

    The entire time, I have a pair of purple eyes stare in my direction. Homura can sure be creepy when she wants. Sayaka pulls me out of my thoughts.

"You alright? Oh! Does she give you the creeps too?"

"Kinda. I feel the stare."

"I'm not sure why, but I feel these bad vibes coming from her, like a thousand alarms ringing in my head."

"Don't worry about Sayaka. She sometimes says the darnedest things," Madoka interrupts. She tells me a little later that she had a conversation with Homura.

"Sure it was a bit weird, but I think she's nice. She seems caring enough. Sayaka worries a little too much."

"Madoka-chan, I'm guessing she just has some odd feeling about her. We should wait a while and see what sort of person Homura turns out to be. It's a bit harsh, but try to trust Sayaka."

"Okay, I will. Can we be friends now? You, me and Sayaka-chan?

"Sure." With that, the three of us become friends while I decide to finally begin my mission.