Route 5:b

I go back home, hoping the familiars won't harm anyone. The night is rather sleepless as thoughts fill my mind. So many theories, some which are now true, others debunked. It'll take everyone to get things straight. The last time a person tried to fix major stuff alone, she turned into a bigger problem, one that requires someone from another universe altogether to attempt to solve it. We definitely cannot afford another case of that sort.

   I drag myself out of bed till I remember it is a school day. The classes go on at a sleepy pace until break. Luckily, the teachers don't get a hold of my inattentiveness, else it would take time to form an excuse.

    Sayaka, Madoka and I meet at the terrace to keep out of prying ears. Hoping nobody can hear us, I mouth a will for the air to keep anything that is audible a secret for now, as if it'll work. Making sure that the terrace and surrounding areas are empty, we seat ourselves and I begin.

"There's a bunch of things you need to know. It's very necessary to tell you, as it concerns our very near future. Will you trust me no matter how absurd anything may sound?"

"We are your friends, of course we will," they both answer at the same time.

"Firstly, the world is in danger as we speak. Sayaka, your suspicions are confirmed now. Homura Akemi is a demon, and a very powerful one."

"How on earth would you know for sure?"

"Well, she told me. Not in class of course, but outside. I've some pride in my ability to pry the truth out of people when needed."

"How can you just say that about her? She may not be like the rest of us, but that didn't mean you just call her names this bad."

"Madoka, I'm not finished yet. She's told you that she'll be your enemy. This is what she means. That question she asked you? Her option was desire. She picked it for a reason, and we need to undo it as per law."

Madoka is now silent, speechless. Sayaka appears to be shocked to a lesser extent, and then asks me another few questions, which I answer.

"What roles do Madoka and I play in this?"

"You remember being part of a larger cause, Sayaka? This is it. The blue gem you possess is proof. Try to recall how you've got it."

"Wait what gem? Do you mean this ring?"

    She holds out her finger, to allow us to observe a stone on the ring. It shines, just like a blue sapphire.

"You might have a point. This gem gives me a vibe of it being special, as if I should be around it at all times."

"Do you get injured often and feel a lot of pain?"

"Nah. That's kinda weird, not that you mention it. The others in class seem to be like wimps. They barely get a catch in the leg and howl in pain. Is this really normal? Come to think of it, I might actually have some power."

"That is but a small fragment of it. What matters however, is the issue at hand."

    Finally, when most of the situation is explained, I tell them that Mami and Kyōko have to be present to form a concrete plan, and that they need to be told about everything before that.

    Sayaka volunteers to call Kyōko and guarantees her arrival. I tell them to meet at my place, so that we have privacy. That leaves me to explain the situation in short to Mami, seeing as we are running short of time.

    Giving her a brief account of the situation at hand over the phone works. Maybe I'm just being exceptionally fortunate today. We schedule a meeting for 5 in the evening, by what time Kyōko can reach Mami's place.

What is my next plan of action?

~To create strategies with the group.
(Continues in 6 b)

~To check with Kyubey first
(Continues in 6 d)