The signs

"Keyona why you still fucking with that broke ass niggah ! Girl you work your ass off and go to school at the same time. He clearly don't give a fuck about you if he letting you pay all the bills. "

"He's going through a tough time right now Dee he lost his brother ."

"Keyona he lost his brother a year ago, that nigga fine, Keesha said she saw him at the casino last night making big bets." Dee countered

I blew a sign I don't have time for this dumb ass shit man. There's no way Danny was there last night we fell asleep together watching Love and basketball...

"Dee you tripping he was here and Danny ain't got no money."

"Listen Kee all I'm saying is .. " beep beep my other line began to ring with an unknown caller

"Hold on Dee" I click over

"Hello" I say

"Who is this?" The caller says

"Who is this you called me?" I ask

"Listen shorty, I don't care who the fuck you are tell Danny to call Major or Ima have to make a visit"

"I don't know how you got this number but ..." click! This mofo just hung up on me !!!

I click back over to Dee. " Hello" ..... nothing ! Welp I guess she couldn't hold on for two seconds.

I love Danny he's been my boyfriend since I was 18 years old. Here I am 22 and I just feel like I should make it work. Why not he loves me and I very much love him, yes I am supporting us financially right now but it'll get better. I just keep telling myself It's worth it, it has to be ! I believe Danny is still grieving from his brother's murder. He used to be so good to me; it was like he was my best friend and boyfriend in one. We bonded and clicked over something so small as pizza because we both loved it. He used to go school and get good grades until he was taken before the school committee and was kicked out. To this day I still don't know for what reason but I have a feeling that it had something to do with his brother. After that He had a job with his brother for a while that flopped and then last year he was killed. I hate that Danny is so secretive with me, I just don't have time to stress about it. Lately its been really bad though, the agitation in his voice when he speaks, he looks stressed out all the time, and the fidgety behavior. I have enough on my plate, between my little sister out here in the streets thinking she grown and my mom being diagnosed with congestive heart failure. My life is not looking to put together either.

I dial Danny to let him know about that phone call that just came through and to check up on him.

"Wat up bae" he answers, I hear a loud noise in the background

"Where you at Danny, and why is it so loud?"

"I'm at the store baby, what's up?"

"Did you put in an application?"

"what!" he says agitated

"Did you apply to the store?" I ask again

"What the fuck do I look like working in a grocery store Keyona?! You got me fucked up forreal!"

"All I'm saying is its a job Danny,..."

"And what I'm saying is I got moves lined up, so chill Key"

"Listen I'm not about to argue with you Danny, you been saying the same shit for the past year or two. I just called to say some guy named Major called my phone just now"

"Ohh forreal what he say?" His voice got shaky

"He said call him for he makes a visit! Why does he have my number Danny and does he know where we live?... do you owe him money?" Silence ..

"DANNY do you owe him money!"

"Calm down Keyona it ain't shit Ima give it to him"

"How, when you don't have a job!"

"Listen like I told you I got it"... hey baby you ready I hear in the background. What the fuck I think to myself

"waohh who is that Danny? Daniel !! Daniel who is that calling you baby?" click.... The line goes blank

All the years we've been together I've never had to question Danny's loyalty to me. I call his phone repeatedly and no answer until it just starts to go straight to voicemail.