Recovery Road

<Felix's POV>
The next few days were interesting, in that we had to rearrange jobs and rolls due to the fact that Sasha and Jack were still in unstable conditions. Mark was now leading for the time being and Ethan and Tyler had been ranked up to what used to be Mark and Sasha's roles. I was constantly in the lab, Mark would even go as far to say 24/7. I've been constantly checking on them and making sure that they were still breathing and making progress to Recovery road.

During the days that followed, Mark would come in to ask me how they were doing, I'd noticed something was off but he just blamed it on the shoulder wound that he treated himself after the fight. I'd lead him down to the room that they were in and he just watched, probably drowning in his own thoughts as I read how they were doing, I could tell this had effected him a lot, more so than the rest of us. He'd then proceed to thank me and make his way out, this had become a daily routine for him, unless he was busy, in which case, Ethan would be sent down to check on how they were doing.

I was about to do my daily checkup on the two of them to see if they'd made any progress, over night when I heard the door open, I made my way over to the entrance of my laboratory and saw Mark standing in the doorway once more, I greeted him and lead him to their rooms. Usually I'd tell him how they were doing but I hadn't checked, so all I said was "I haven't checked on them today, I was going to do that now if your ok with watching?" I asked and turned to him, he just quietly replied "Sure" so I let him sit down opposite the room, as I approached the door, I then entered the pin into the door lock and made my way inside, closing the door behind me, to keep the room conditions as good as possible for Both Sasha and Jack. I went over and checked Sasha first, her bruises from being hooked up to the Black hearted's machine were now looking more healed, and the electricity that had been put into her blood through the electric chair procedure still remained but I'd made it no longer dangerous or harmful to her body, I guess you could say it was a part of her now. However her digestive system was slowly getting worse due not having proper food for a long time but until she's fully awake and able, this can't be fixed. I just need her to wake up as soon as possible while making sure she's retaining enough energy to even be awake.

Jack on the other hand is a whole different story, compared to Sasha, Jack is in critical condition, due to the large amount of blood loss from the gash in his abdomen and the fact that he'd been shot in his chest too many times to count. Luckily non of them had reached the heart itself, but the damage was still major. I'd taken out all of the bullets from his body and bagged them for examination later, I would also change his bandages around his chest and abdomen every day, which made me feel worse and worse every time, I mean who wouldn't feel bad while tending to a friends deep wounds and gashes, seeing their blood staining fresh bandages by the hour. The gash hadn't healed very much, meaning there was still blood loss. So I had Jack hooked up to blood bags, some donated by the other septics and some found from the nearby deserted military base. This is what was mostly keeping him alive. The bullet wounds had nearly fully healed and were now starting to bruise which was a good sign that he was at least improving one way or another.
But, since he'd blacked out after the rescue, he hasn't woken up since, it's quite unnerving but the only thing I can do is to make sure he doesn't get any worse.

I wrote all of these updated notes and observations down and made my way out, closing the door to the room which held them both, I walked over to Mark who was still staring at the two of them unconscious on medical beds. "I'm going to check up on wraith now, care to join me or do you wish to be alone?" I ask as I approach him "I'll be fine on my own, thanks anyways" he replies with a mumble. I make my way into the room where I was examining wraith. Since the accident with the electric net he'd been caught in as Sasha's capture occurred he also had taken some damage and also the fact that Sasha's health was not great since then, I'd been monitoring wraith to see how he'd been affected. So I walked into his "room" to give him his daily checkup.

<Mark's POV>
Numb. My mind was as numb as my friends were lying before me. Whenever I gazed upon them, my heart sank, ached with the bad thoughts that clouded my mind. But I just sat there, every day I sit and drown in my melancholy thoughts. As if seeing my friends unconscious throws me into a whirlpool of despair. Felix kept me updated every day, telling me they were improving but although the facts were there, in plain sight was the opposite. Their lifeless bodies lay before me.
I wouldn't let it get to me when I was outside of the lab. I had to be strong for the other septics, still trying to make sure that we were making progress about what and where the Contaminated creatures came from due to Felix not being able to do too many tests on wraith as he needed to be healthy to collect data, which wouldn't happen if Sasha hasn't made any progress in recovering.
It's as if the world has come down to only worrying about progress. Which is why the only time I can get to think is while being sat in-front of my two close friends. Friends should be there to support you but right now Felix and I needed to support them in their time of need and pain, and even though Felix new I wasn't quite right and that I'd been effected by the circumstance the most, I still had to support myself, for their sake. I'm sure Jack and Sasha would hate to see me in my current state, so I have to be strong for them. To make sure I'm there when they wake up, if they wake up.

I snap out back into reality as Felix enters the room once more, he sits down and slowly talks to me, everything he says is unclear and muffled. As soon as I manage to focus again, my walkie talkie goes off. So I excuse myself, thank Felix and walk out the door before answering the call that came from my walkie talkie attached to my belt. "Sir, I would like to suggest we go out of the dome again, to collect more evidence on finding out about the Septic virus which we know originated from the contaminated, Tyler has said that what we have managed to gather so far is a great start but we can't make anymore progress otherwise" Ethan says, I click the button to reply "Good thinking, Get Tyler to meet me in the common room to gather and group up septics, you'll be left in charge while I'm on the mission. I say instructing him "Of course Mark, Sir, I'll meet you in the common room with Tyler. He answers before clicking off.
I then shove the negative thoughts into the back of my mind as I make my way over to the common room.

<Ethan's POV>
I walk over to the training barracks where I knew I would find Tyler as he mentioned to me earlier that he wanted to do some more training for the mission that was now confirmed. I walked in through the big wooden doors to see him doing pull-ups, "Hey Tyler!" I yell to get his attention, he turns around and sees me and then continues to get off the bar, he walks over to me, "Everything ok Ethan?" He asks "Yeah, I just spoke to Mark over the walkie talkies and he said that the mission was a good idea and to meet him with you in the common room" I explain, "Well then we best be going then" he replies walking over and getting his jacket and boots on "Come in slow coach!" He shouts before walking out the door. I sigh with a smile before making my way out and following him to Mark.

We soon arrived in the common room, myself still trailing behind Tyler as we walk over to Mark who had now stopped pacing after seeing us enter the room. "Ah Good, glad you could make it" Mark says, walking over to the two of us, "Yes Sir, as Ethan mentioned to you over the walkie talkie we were thinking that we needed to gather more information about the origins of the Contaminated and what they actually are. So if we go searching for them or find any hints or clues then we may be able to speed up the process of investigation" Tyler informs Mark, he nods his head in response, "Ok, gather a group of septics with mixed skills and meet me at the cage exit with them and any necessary weapons and supplies, and Ethan.." he pauses turning to me "As I informed you, I will be leaving you in control along with Felix while I am gone. This mission should last two days maximum but if anything happens that I NEED to know about then only then will the mission be cut short if I need to return back before the two days are up." Mark replies "Yes Mark, Sir" I say, he nods in response and makes his way out of the common room, signalling for Tyler to follow him. I walk out behind them but with enough distance so they could freely talk if they wish.
I headed over to the main building, making my way through the corridors and too my quarters. I open the door and step inside, taking in my surroundings once more before changing into more comfy clothes and lying down on my bed. I stared at the ceiling getting lost in thought as I tried to rap my head around everything, like how I needed to be there for the Septics if anyone had a problem that needed solving but the main thought that was now starting to infiltrate my mind was now I had to regularly check with Felix to see how everyone in his facility were doing. If they'd recovered at all. Thinking about all of this made me slowly drift off to sleep. Trying to relax and prepare my mind at the same time, for the next two days ahead of me.