Chapter Seventeen:Loose Screws

Nicki's POV
Beyonce's House
Same Day...

"Hmm?" I asked while at the same time trying to think of a lie.

"Who were you talking to?" Beyonce asked.

"Nobody, it was a wrong number." I chuckled nervously. Calm down Onika. Beyonce made her way over to me and I tensed up.

"Wrong number?" She asked looking me in my eyes. I nodded my head and quickly looked down as I heard that sinister chuckle of hers.

"Hmm a "wrong number" huh?" She asked again doing hand quotes with a smirk plastered on her face. I nodded again. She reached behind me and picked up the phone.

"So if I just so happen to call that number back, they are going to say the same thing?" She asked. I shrugged.

She stared at me then reached over picking up her pill bottle.

"Where did you get this?" She asked nervously.

"I um, I went outside and found it on the ground." I said. Pretty sure that she put two and two together by now I got scared.

She turned the bottle looking at the number. "Did you call this number Onika? Where you being nosy?" She asked. I shook my head no.

"Ok." She simply said putting the pill bottle down. I looked up and she was smiling.

"Go back to the room. I'll be there in a minute." She said. I nodded and got up heading upstairs. I looked back at her to see her staring at me. She shooed me upstairs and I continued up until I got to the bedroom, listening for her movements.

Beyonce's POV

I reached over picking the phone up and redialed the last known number. I waited for someone to answer.

"Please don't call me again. I've said too much already." The voice sounded familiar.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"B-Beyonce?" The voice trembled and by now I knew exactly who it was.

"Hello Dr. Rowland." I smirked. I heard her breathing hitch.

"How much did you tell her?" I asked growing angry.

"I didn't tell her anything I swear Beyonce!" She shrieked. 

"So now I'm dealing with two liars? Ok, today, 9:30pm, be expecting a gift." I smirked hanging up. I hate liars and she knew better than to lie to me. That woman was terrified of me, yet she just wasn't scared enough, giving away my personal information.

I placed the phone back down on the hook. I turned off all the lights downstairs and headed upstairs, where I saw Onika sitting in the middle of the bed, biting at her nails.

"Nervous princess." I said entering the room.

"N-no." She said.

"Oop, lie number two. Are we heading for the third one soon? Or are you done lying?" I asked sitting down.

"I-." She started to speak but decided against it.