"Just buy it. We've been circling the mall for hours and I can't feel my legs."

She sighed and took the watch off the shelf. She examined it again before walking to the counter to buy it.

I stood behind her in line, patiently waiting while she bought it. After she finished, she turned to me.

"I've got plans for lunch with Drew, do you want to come along?"

"I'd rather not."

"Why?" She said, offended as we made our way towards the door.

I sighed, "do you want me to sit there while you guys talk to each other?"

She shoved me, "come on, we aren't that boring."

"You're probably not," I agreed. "But I think I'll pass. Thanks though."

She giggled while we sat in the car. "Are you going over to Zayn's?"

"I don't know," I replied.

"Well you seem to be pretty occupied with him nowadays."

I turned to look at her, but she wasn't looking at me. Instead, she focused on starting up her car.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I just feel like you're getting too attached to him."

"So?" I spat.

She took notice but didn't mind. "Listen Kat, I'm your best friend. I know you better than anyone. I also know that you get attached way too easily, and it backfires."

I groaned, "really?"

She nodded, backing out of the parking. I looked ahead, not wanting to continue this conversation because we both knew where it was heading. And who it was heading to.

"Kat, I don't really know Zayn, and he seems like a nice guy. But based on everything that has happened so far, I don't think he's that trustworthy."

"Please," I told her, "if I go around telling you what I don't like about Drew, you'd be mad at me. So If you don't know Zayn, please don't assume."

I honestly couldn't believe what she was telling me. Out of everyone in my life right now, Zayn was the most trustworthy. But according to everyone who doesn't know shit about him, he was a bad guy.

She sighed, "Kat, I'm just saying. I don't want to see you getting hurt again."

"I'm not going to," I said harshly. "He would never hurt me."

***

"Alright," Zayn said, collapsing on the couch besides me, "I've got a bunch of horror movies we can watch."

My eyes widened, "no. You know how much I hate horror films."

"Oh come on Kat, it's just a movie."

"Fine," I said. "You can watch while I go to sleep."

"It's five o'clock. How are you going to sleep now?"

"It's never to early to sleep," I replied and he laughed.

He continued searching through the horror films on Netflix, not stopping by any other films.

"Seriously Zayn," I said to him.

He looked at me and pouted, "please? Just once."

I stared at him, not having enough courage to say no to him. So I nodded, and he beamed.

"Yes!" He smiled, "you can choose."

"I don't know any horror films," I replied.

"That's fine, I'll just find one." He continued searching through the horror section, even the covers scared me.