Holding Onto You Chapter 38

Start from the beginning

"Even though what you did was wrong, I somehow understand what your situation was but with Brian he did have a choice and he chose the wrong one. You always have a choice Finn. But I'll forgive him only because he meant to help you in some way." I left Finn and leaned against the tree. "I didn't realize how strong my feelings were for Brian until I saw him with you. He means so much to me."

"You mean you love him?" Finn asked me with a slight panic.

"I don't know, maybe." I told him honestly.

"Oh." Was all he said but he got a look on his face that clearly said oh shit.

"Finn what's going on?" He was once again hiding something from me.

He shook his head. "Nothing is going on Vince. You should go talk to Brian. He's worried that you are going to break up with him so go tell him that you forgive him but maybe it's best if you don't tell him how you feel about him now because it will just complicate things even more."

"Why would it complicate things? Brian loves me and if I tell him that back he'll be very happy. That's what he wants to hear from me." Why was Finn so against it?

"Because you don't love him Vince. At least not like how he wants you to." He said, frustrated.

"How do you know how I feel. I do love him." I insisted.

"Than what do you feel for Hunter?" He asked, and it took me by surprise.

"Hunter?" Why was he asking me that?

He pushed me against the tree and looked at me with such intensity.

"Vincent, do you love Hunter?" He slowly asked, searching my face for an answer.

I stared at him myself, trying to figure out what he was getting at. He and Hunter were together and I know how much he cared for him so why would he not want me to tell Brian how I feel about him so we can all just be happy. I know that my true happiness is with Hunter but I chose Brian and it took a while but I finally realized that I love him a lot. So why now does he want to know if I love Hunter? Why isn't he relieved that I love Brian so he can finally let his and Hunter's relationship get more solid? Finn and Hunter belong together and Brian and I belong together and that's it.

"Yes." I couldn't lie.

"The same way you love Brian?" He continued his questioning.

"No." It somehow wasn't the same.

"Which one is stronger?" Was he serious?

"Finn why..."

"Which one is stronger Vince?" He wasn't going to leave without an answer but I didn't have one for him.

"I'm going to go find Brian." I started walking away but his words stopped me.

"Vincent you've finally fallen in love." Why did it seem like he wasn't talking about Brian.

"Finn what's with you, why are you doing this?" He was behaving really strange.

"Vince why are you being so stubborn? what are you afraid of? Is it your anger that's stopping you? Do you feel you're not worthy? I'm not sure what is stopping you." He was making no sense.

"Stopping me from doing what?" I asked, rubbing my forehead.

"From making Hunter yours." He whispered.

I shot my eyes up to meet his and I was taken aback at how serious he looked because I thought he was joking.

I stared at him and he kept his serious look until slowly a smile started to form on his lips. It was just a slight smile but it was there and it confused me even more.