Chapter 18

"Adeline, how do you feel?" My mother asked.

I broke into tears.

She hugged me resting her face on my head.

"I know baby. I know," she said.

Noah left the room.

"Mom can we call the selection over?" I asked.

"Don't you connect with them? With Garrett and Adrian? Atlas?" She asked.

"Yes," I sighed.

"Then why?" She asked.

"Because they died for me mom! They got hurt because of me!" I yelled.

"Adeline they want to be with you. They are here for you," she said calmly.

"You're right. I need to stop crying and pull myself together," I said.

Then I kicked her out and I got into the shower.

I sent a message to Adrian to meet with me.

I dressed in a shimmering midnight blue dress that reached mid thigh.

I went to to balcony where a table was set up. Adrian was waiting for me.

"Hi," I said.

"Hello," he replied.

He held out the seat for me and pushed my seat towards the table. And sat in front of me. The night sky glittered with stars.

"The stars are breathtaking.." I sighed.

"Not as breathtaking as the sight before me," he said.

I looked down and felt my cheeks blush.

We were served food. The seasonings and different flavors exploded in my mouth. Then we got dessert. We got a few different pies, cakes, and chocolates.

I saw a chocolate lava cake. I got a spoonful of the cake and ate it. The chocolate claw dissolved in my mouth. The ice cream on top has a cooling taste.

"Try this one," I told him.

He tried the cake.

"Mm it's really good," he sighed.

I plucked a chocolate off the plate. The chocolate was filled with milk chocolate filling. There was some chocolate on my fingers. Adrian reached out for my hand and licked the chocolate off my finger.

I giggled.

"Let's stargaze?" He asked.

I nodded.

We sat laid down on the floor and star gazed.

"Adeline you make me happy," he said.

"And you make me happy," I said.

There was a silent moment.

"You are my sunshine. You are my sunshine. You make me happy when sky's are grey. But did you know dear how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away," I whispered.

"I used to dream of falling in love and getting married," he said.

"Nothing is wrong with that," I said.

"But at 10 years old?" He asked.

"Everyone dreams of getting married at 10 years old," I smiled.

"Someday we will all die and no one will be left to remember us. Aren't you afraid of that?" I asked.

"No, I'm scared of losing someone I love," he said.

"For some time I was scared of falling in love. But now I'm not. I guess it was the fact that you could give up everything for someone you love..." I sighed.

"I know what you mean. But for that reason I'm not scared of falling in love," he said.

We laid there silently gazing at the sky full of stars.

"Shooting star! Make a wish!" He exclaimed.

But in that moment I knew that I had everything I wanted.