😋Denial

Your P.O.V.

I'm back in school the next day.

It's still 6 in the morning, so... we're just 4 in the classroom.

And by "four", I mean June, Paris, Minuet, and I.

Honestly, I'm sweating when I sat next to Paris and Minuet in class.

June's seat is directly behind Paris, and it gives me goosebumps.

What if June tells Paris our super- secret- secret?

"No, that's nuts! Snap out of it, Y/N!" I mumbled while I rub my forehead.

"Y/N? Did you say something?" Paris asked me suddenly.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I guess. Don't worry, I'm having weird hallucinations..." I lied through my teeth.

"Look, if you're still not feeling well, I'll go with you to the clinic."

My eyes widened, but I didn't reply.

"She told you that she's fine. You don't need to go with her." Minuet's voice replied instead.

"Are you friends?" Paris asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"Not your business, Templar," Minuet rolled his eyes.

"I just wanna know..." Paris' voice trailed off.

"So why are you interested to know, then?" Minuet asked him angrily.

"I don't know, okay?"

"Y/N..." June whispered in my ear. "Let's get outta here before it's too late."

"What?" I whispered back.

"If those two continued bickering at each other, all hell's going to break lose!" She replied softly.

I nodded my head, then she dragged me out the room.

"Hey, where are you two going?" Paris asked us.

"Going outside for, um..." my voice trailed of as I looked at June to continue my sentence.

"Fresh air!" She suddenly burst out. "Yeah, she's been through a lot lately, and she's going crazy, so we need to go. Bye!"

"Wait!" Paris blocked our way. "Before you go, can you at least go to the gym after class? My team and I will be practicing basketball for the competition next week." He explained.

"Whoa, what?" Minuet exclaimed.

"Pssh, flirt much?" June crossed her arms.

"Take it easy, June," I whisper- shouted.

After that, silence for 10 seconds...

But June broke the silence. "Okaaay... that sounds nice, but we really need to go," she grabbed my hand.

"What about the practice?" Paris reminded us.

"Oh, uh... we'll be there! Promise!" I shouted as June dragged me outside.

Actually, in the girls' bathroom.

"So, what's your plan?" June asked me as she crossed her arms.

I raised an eyebrow. "What plan are you talking about?"

"About taking Paris down?" She reminded.

"Oh, that. Actually..." I scratched my head. "I still don't know yet. Besides, we'll need Minuet to plan it." I explained.

"Why would we need his help?"

"Because he knows these things. One wrong move, Paris will kill me." I glanced to the classroom window.

Paris and Minuet are still fighting.

"Why do you still study for the tests anyway? You can just use your..." she lowered her voice to a whisper. "Magic?"

My eyes widened. "I shouldn't do that! That's against the rules! Plus, Paris can sense it."

"What do you mean he can sense your magic?" She asked, clearly confused.

"Okay, witch hunters were born with the ability to sense magic if it's used around them." I explained.

"But you're using your magic back in your apartment yesterday," she pointed out.

"Yeah, but I'm far away from him when I used it," I looked at the classroom window again. "As long as I'm using my magic far away from him, he won't sense it. That's what Minuet told me, at least." I finished.

The classroom door opened, then Minuet walked out angrily.

"Hey Minuet! What happened back there?" June asked him as we went out the girls' bathroom.

"I don't wanna talk about it." Minuet shrugged.

"You can talk to him, you know." I advised.

"I already did, but that didn't work." Minuet huffed.

"Try harder," June patted his shoulder. "Paris is charmed easily. Maybe you can charm him. You know, with your looks?" She told him, then her eyes slowly went in my direction.

"Right, Y/N?" She smirked.

"H- huh?" My eyes widened.

"Come on, you know where I'm going! Minuet's charming, right?" She winked at me.

I scoffed. "In your dreams."

"Wow," June sighed in disbelief. "A simple 'no' would suffice..."

"Ugh, you're not making this day any better! And it's getting worse every second!" I complained.

As if on cue, a high- pitched scream rang through our ears.