🐱Chilling with Minuet

Minuet's P.O.V.

I'm busy reading the catboy manga Y/N gave me last time.

She said that it'll improve my meowing and if I'm lucky, she said that I might conquer her heart.

Impossible, right?

But I think that the story is actually pretty good.

Anyway, she's still sleeping.

Well, it's just 7 in the morning, and it's Saturday.

So I guess I'm just an early bird.

Or early... cat.

I looked at the sleeping girl beside me.

I went back to my reading, but I think I saw Y/N rolled to the other side of the bed from the corner of my eye.

She rolled until she fell from the bed.

"Ow!" She exclaimed while rubbing her head.

I can't stop laughing.

She shot me one of her death glares, then hit me on my right arm.

"What?" I asked her, still laughing.

"Why didn't you save me?" She pounted teasingly.

"Hey, I'm not gonna be Scherzo just to save you from falling." I smiled.

"I didn't say that you should be Scherzo! I'm just asking why you--!"

"I'm sorry, okay? Although... it's actually funny to see you fall again," I chuckled.

"Whatever. I'm just gonna practice," She sighed, then stood up.

"Practice what?"

"My magic! Didn't you tell me that I should practice every weekends?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Good. That's what you need to do." I replied, turning a page on the book.

Long silence.

Until I think I heard her sniff a couple of times.

"Y/N? Are you... crying?" I asked her.

Her head jerked up while she wipe her face with the back of her hand. "I- it's okay, I'm fine. Don't... worry about me." She sniffed again.

I closed the book, then walked towards her. "Come on. You can tell me."

"No need to."

"Look, my job is to keep you safe and happy. But I can't if you won't tell me what's wrong." I told her while crossing my arms.

"It's just about Paris, okay? I'm fine." She continued practicing without looking at me.

"Just Paris? Paris is the one who ruined two fifths of your life! How can that be fine?" I scolded.

"I know, but... I just can't get over. I mean, he's my classmate. Same age as me. So I didn't expect him to be a--"

"Witch hunter?" I finished.

She sighed while nodding.

"I didn't also expect him to be a witch hunter. It's a win- win." I tried to comfort her.

"'Win- win'? He betrayed me! He nearly killed you, and done this to me!" She showed me her scar on her leg. "How is that a 'win- win'?"

She groaned angrily while she buried her head on her hands, and the protective circle that she's practicing on disappeared.
"You've got a point, but he didn't know that you're Helen. Well, not because of the makeover that I did to you." I explained.

Her eyebrows met with anger. "I swear, Minuet, if I saw him again, I will blast him from the sky, with my magic, and he'll--!"

"Whoa, hold up a sec! You're not serious, are you?" I asked her, looking in her eyes seriously.

"Kinda..." she muttered.

"You shouldn't be serious. If he finds out that you're a witch, who knows what he'll do to us. Or... to you." I warned.

"I know that. I just can't wait to punch that slimy rat munching troll!!" She shouted as her hands went in my direction.

"Whoa!"

Her magic was about to get me, so I ducked down, and it zapped the pillow on her bed instead.

She gasped, then went to help stand me up.

"Oh no, are you okay?! I wasn't even thinking!" She grabbed my wrist with both hands, then pulled me up.

"No, you're thinking, but you're not thinking straight." I scolded gently.

"Oh..."

We both looked to the pillow with a burned mark on it.

"I think you need to control your magic more." I chuckled slightly.

"Yeah... I guess I should..." she turned red in embarrassment.

Suddenly, a knock came on the door.

Sorry if it's a baaad story. I'm not a pro, and season 2 of Love Magic is not out yet, so having troubs here.✌