Chapter 9

I woke up and took a shower. I forgot I was in a foster home until I walked out of my room and saw a little boy sitting alone in the hallway. I walked over and sat down next to him. He looked about 10 years old. He was crying.

"Hi. I'm Clary. What's your name?" I asked. His head was buried in his hands.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He sniffled.

"No.. I'm not okay." He said. He started sobbing.

"Well do you want to talk about it?" I asked.

"No." He snapped.

"Well can I at least know your name?" I asked.

"Bellamy." He said.

"Well Bellamy, Its nice to meet you." I said. I stood up and walked to the kitchen to get food along with the other kids.

"Hi Clary. Glad you're adjusting well." Cassie said.

"Thanks." I said. "What happened to Bellamy, he's crying in the hallway?" I asked Cassie.

"There was a house fire. He was staying with a friend at the time, went home to find fire trucks everywhere trying to put it out. Mom had just given birth to a baby too, all of them died." Cassie said with a sad voice. She suddenly perked up.

"With your brothers money, I went out and bought you something before you came but you seemed to still be adjusting so I wanted to give it to you now. She guided me outside and I saw a gorgeous red mustang sitting outside waiting for me. Cassie handed me the keys.

"Oh my god!! Thank you Cassie!!" I said. She handed me the keys.

"You be careful with that now." She scolded. I laughed.

"Thank you." I replied. I ran inside and grabbed my backpack. I was walking out of my room and saw Bellamy still sitting there, crying.

"Hey are you going to school today?" I asked him.

"No." Bellamy sniffled.

"Well then, I will be back at 2:00 to pick you up okay?" I asked.

He wiped his tears and looked at me. This was the first time I had actually seen his face. He had adorable green eyes shimmered like emeralds. They were adorable, He had blonde, shaggy hair.

"Why?" He asked.

"Well I need to go to the mall for some school stuff so I thought maybe you'd want to tag along, get some stuff for you as well." I said.

"Yeah okay." Bellamy said. I smiled.

"See ya at 2." I said. I got in my car and drove to school. I walked in and everyone turned their heads towards me.

I just ignore them and went to my locker. I heard heels clicking and I turned around to see Veronica standing there, her eyes were puffy.

"Clary I am so sorry I was a bitch. Please forgive me." She pleaded. I rolled my eyes.

"Veronica what you did was just not okay. I'm not forgiving you." I replied.