56: From The Sidelines

Start from the beginning

Then I thought about his older son, Alex. It took me a while then it clicked.

“Alex Heller is your son.” He took a deep breath literally trying to hold back tears.

“God…God literally brought my sons together. I couldn’t even do that. I had Cory sit there and protect Alex,” he laughed, “Alex wasn’t a football type of person but he did it.”

“Do you even go to the funeral?”  I asked and he nodded his head.

“I sat in the back of the church, and I would never forget it. I had to sit in the back of that church and see my oldest son in a casket; I cried day and night the day that his mother told me he committed suicide. I miss my son, I miss him he told me everything about Cody, things I wanted to know and things that I didn’t want to know,” his voice cracked, “I miss my son, the way he smiled, and the way he showed that he could handle his own and be the man of the house because I couldn’t be there. Man, I love my son, I love both of them.” He sobbed and I held him into a hug.

 We just burst into tears and literally cried for five minutes then let go looking at each other.

“You are a strong woman, you know that. Don’t let Cory put you down. I know he is going to come around.”

“Maybe you should tell him the truth.” He looked at me and sighed, “I’ll be there the whole way.”

“Alright lets go.”

“Now?”

“Now.”

Cory

I don’t know where Alia been, maybe cooling her head off because I wasn’t giving her attention like she should but whatever. I really didn’t want to be bothered, football was being a drag, work was being stressful and school was another adds on but I still got through it. Today was my only day off so I decided to just sit at home and watch games on Espn and get some fantasy football in just for the fun of it on my laptop. I have been doing that since Alia kicked me in my back early this morning in bed.

The door opened and Alia walked in and dropped her purse on the counter top.

“Where you been?” I asked and she said nothing for Shamar walked right behind her.

It just made me sigh and shake my head; I swear this man has been everywhere when it came to Shamar.

“Brenden!” she yelled and both him and Zamara came out standing by her.

She looked at me then Shamar.

“Shamar has to tell you something.” She said and I looked at Shamar and scoffed.

“Like what? Man I don’t even know ol dude and he need to tell me something? Man whatever.” I said leaning back on my chair.

“Why cant you just calm down?” she questioned and Shamar held her back.

“Its ok.” He sat in front of me on the couch and looked at me, “I don’t know how you are going to take this, if you believe me or not. But this is it. I have been watching you ever since you walked on the concrete in Chicago. You literally became like a TV show to me but my son,” I looked at him and laughed.

“You guys serious?” I laughed.

“Lets see how serious. You where five when you lost three teeth after some boy tackled the hell out of you and you swallowed one of the teeth. Ten years old, you had mvp for your football game and when you raised the trophy  the man on the trophy fell off and you walked all the way home with smiles just because there was your name on a trophy the man didn’t mean everything. Now fifteen years old and you was man around the school not because of your sportsmanship but because of the way that you treated people with respect. You helped the special needs kids, you was a mentor and a five thousand role model. You lived a great life,” Tears were started to roll down my cheeks slowly, “I’m your dad, I promise you that.” he said.

I felt like a weight fell off of my shoulders but at the same time I was angry because this man was never there for me.

“I spent my whole life without you and now you come back to patch shit up with me? Look, my mom raised me, yeah she wasn’t there most of the time but at the same time she cared for me, so why? Why the fuck you were never there! I literally went through hell and back in my life, why!” I fumed and he looked at me.

“Your mom was the reason I couldn’t see you. Because I was so focused with the NFL and she was upset that I didn’t take you guys with me.”

“So how the fuck you know about me?” I questioned and he sighed, but that didn’t stop me from looking straight into his eyes.

“Alex.” That’s when I snapped, I literally got up and gave him the sharpest right hook that I could give making Brenden come over and hold me back.

“Don’t you ever fucking talk about Alex! You don’t know who the fuck he is, you don’t know what the fuck I been through with him. That’s my best friend!”

“That’s your brother!” he yelled and I looked at him, “he told me everything about you, every single damn thing. Why? Because his mother accepted me in her house not your mom.”

“So that’s why you are here to show me affection after I lost my brother. I lost my brother, my fucking brother! All these years he was my damn brother! I literally sat there in a fucking church to say goodbye not to my best friend but my brother? Alex meant everything to me, every fucking thing. You just sat on the sidelines the whole damn time! I fucking hate you with all my might I swear! I lost someone who showed me life and showed me that I could do everything in life if I believe and I lost that. I lost everything.” I sobbed taking the deepest breaths.

“Man let me fucking go!” I said breaking free and walked out of the living room into my room slamming the door.

My fucking father.

What What!? Updated Tho! So Finally The Truth Comes Out! (I Cried This Chapter, Idk Why) How Do You Guys Feel About Shamar Finally Coming Out To Cory? Do You Feel Like It Should Have Been Done Just Been Him And Shamar? Welllll Comment! 20 Comments And I'll Put The Next Chapter!