A Bloody Mess

Bellamy told everyone that it was best to wait till the morning to check it out. That way everyone could rest and the heat at the sight could calm down. They've already waited for time to pass and they were now at the crash sight, looking for anything that could help them figure out what happened.

Charlie noticed Clarke's distressed look and walked up to her, rearranging the gun in her arms. "Look, I'm sure that she wasn't even on the ship. I don't think they would just come early for no reason."

Clarke looked up at her. "Why do you even care?"

"I care because Abby was my mom's bestfriend. She practically raised me after what happened." Charlie said calmly, she has been meaning to apologize. "And I'm sorry, for what I said."

Clarke paused, "It's fine, now come on." She nudged Charlie forward. Clarke had honestly forgotten all about what Charlie said. She knows that the brunette is very short tempered and to just look over it.

Fitz wandered off to look, her eyes landing on multiple charred skeletons.

"Stay sharp" Bellamy called out. "Grounder retaliation for what happened on the bridge is coming, just a matter of when."

"Can you blame them?"

"No, I blame you."

"Maybe if you didn't bring gun-"

"Guys!" Charlie interrupted. "We are in the middle of something. No time for a game of who's is bigger."

Raven snickered quietly. Charlie had to hide her proud smirk from the success of her quick remark.

"Why they're coming doesn't matter anymore. It's our job to be ready when they do." Bellamy stated. "We're on our own now."

"Clarke, stop!" Raven yelled out of nowhere, running to the blonde. Charlie's head snapped in the direction and followed the other girl.

"Rocket fuel?"

"Hydrazine... highly unstable in its nonsolid form. If this stuff meets fire, we're all pink mist." Raven said as she dipped a rock into the liquid. "Fire in the hole!" she yelled as she tossed the rock in some fire.

Just a little drop of that liquid made a huge explosion that blew Charlie's hair back. "Woah." she whispered.

"We need to clear the area."

"Ok, then." Bellamy spoke. "We move in formation, no straggling, weapons hot. We got to get back before dark."

Even though they tried to get there as fast as they could, it was still past dark when they finally returned. There was talk going around about someone being found. A certain someone by the name of John Murphy.

Bellamy was fuming as they all marched in to the dropship. "Where is he?" his voice boomed.

Charlie's eyes landed on the bloodied and beaten guy bundled up against the wall. Her heart ached for the guy. "Oh my god." she whispered, rushing forward. Bellamy grabbed her arm and stopped her.

She looked at her boyfriend and saw his shocked look, shocked at what the grounders have done to Murphy.

Charlie yanked her arm from Bellamy's grasp. "Everyone out!" She ordered. When the prisoners didn't move, she yelled. "Now!" they scurried out, afraid to make her angry. The only ones left were Charlie, Octavia, Bellamy, Finn, Clarke, and obviously Murphy.

"Derek and Conner, stay!" Bellamy called out.

"He claimed he was with the grounders." Derek said.

"We caught him trying to sneak back into camp."

"I wasn't sneaking." Murphy spoke, "I was running from the grounders."