Winter's Gone Insane, Save Yourselves

Why was it suddenly so dark, the halls were so bright just a moment ago...

Is this a sign? A sign that I won't make it?

I don't really know, I'm trying to remember.

The hallway's paintings changed, she noticed that now.

It wasn't that they moved or anything like that, in all honesty they weren't paintings at all. The scenes were, too realistic.

She didn't know how long she'd been here, though the paintings helped with that little detail.

The pale girl looked over her shoulder, one of the paintings changed again.

She looked closer at the painting, it was Sabrina's!

She ran over to the changing painting, stepping into it.

She only recently learned she could do that, as in just now.

"Sabrina, what's her name?" An older looking Maya asked, she looked about eighteen now.

"Melody." Sabrina smiled, looking down at the baby in her arms.

"I guess she'll grow up to be a musician?"

Sabrina laughed, "If we can find any instruments, possibly."

"Can I hold her again?" Maya asked, beaming with joy.

"Sure, but be careful." Sabrina sternly reminded the brunette, carefully handing the baby off to Maya.

Maya looked at the baby for a minute, before looking back up at Sabrina.

"Her eyes are opening."

"Hand her back over, please?" Sabrina requested as Maya carefully placed Melody back in Sabrina's arms.

The baby's eyes opened to reveal a beautiful and dark hazel, she simply laughed at Sabrina.

"I wish #&€@^¶ and @&#$ could see this, they'd be so proud." Maya frowned.

"Yeah, if only," Sabrina looked guilty, Maya obviously picked up on it.

"They just had to run, didn't they? They're still alive, right?!" Maya looked absolutely horrified.

If any people in the group were dead, who's death would make her the most horrified?

I can think of four people.

"Hey guys, I'm back!"

Uncaringly, the pale figure was thrown out of the painting.

"Who's baby was that?"

The brunette walked over to the coma patient, sitting on the stool placed next to her bed.

For once, Maya had nothing to say. It was just silent, the sound of Katelyn's heavy breathing was the loudest noise.

"Why are you so attached all of the sudden? You know she isn't gonna make it right, past winter I mean." Maya quickly turned around to see Ryan behind her, frowning while looking at the pale girl.

"Yes she will." Maya frowned, giving Ryan a disappointed look.

"Look at her, I'll be surprised if she wakes up at all!" Ryan waved his hands dismissively.

"I wouldn't worry too much, her condition is stable enough to last weeks. Whatever Ross injected her with wasn't the same as what he gave to..." The two turn around to see Jin trailing off, uncomfortable with talking about, y'all know who.

Sky and Jess turned the corner and walked into the room, no doubt due to hearing all the loud talking.

"I'm just waiting for the moment she wakes up early, and likely survives." Jess yawned.

Ryan looked over at Jess, doubt was practically written on his forehead.

"You really think so?" Hope filled Maya's eyes.

Sky nodded, grinning.

"Maya, you've never met her until her and her group came, right?" Jin asked, Maya nodding. "Then may I ask why you've become so attached?"

Maya opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

Why am I so attached?

This is the point where I'm branching out into my own story with my own plotline.

The reason I'm doing this earlier than I expected is because, it's not becoming fun to write anymore.

That's why this chapter is so short.

Hope you'll forgive me.

-Winter