One Shot One Kill

Maya sat on the edge of the roof, Ryan next to her.

Maya tried not to think of her chances of falling off the roof but Ryan wasn't much help.

"We could fall right now, and we would lose everything we fought to keep." Ryan whispered loud enough for Maya to hear.

"Dude, not the time." Maya growled, looking at the ground bellow her.

It wasn't the height or the dizziness that scared her, it was the risk of death. It used to be the height and dizziness until she met Ryan. Ryan made her jump off buildings to the ground and onto shorter buildings. So it was that, and her willingness to jump, that helped in the end.

"Hey guys, Jin has a date." Amelia walked next to Maya, sitting down next to her.

"Who has time to date in the apocalypse?" Maya tilted her head as Amelia giggled.

"No, not that kind." Amelia looked at Maya with sad eyes.

"A date on whether Katelyn lives or dies." Ryan shrugged, he didn't know the Ghost Girl like the other two groups and didn't listen to the stories like Maya and Amelia.

"Do you think she'll pull through?" Maya asked.

"I don't know." Amelia whispered.

Maya looked back down to the ground bellow, trying to think about something else.

The three quickly turn around to the sound of someone walking on the roof towards them.

"Jin needs to talk to us all." Sabrina announces.

Her long red hair was cut to her shoulders, but cleanly.

"What about?" Ryan stands up a bit defensively.

Sabrina made not a comment, nor an eye roll. It was obvious she noticed the tone secretly laced in Ryan's voice, defence for Maya and Amelia.

She simply made a mental note and chose not to touch on it.

"He didn't say, just that everyone needed to hear it." Maya had a thought of what it could be so she began to sit up and walk towards the red head.

Maya looked at the other two with unidentifiable eyes, but also silently asking if they were coming.

Amelia sighed but stood up and followed Maya.

Ryan stared at the two but eventually gave in and followed the three to the lab.

As everyone gathered around Jin and the "potion" things he was near, AK became a bit impatient.

"Okay, what is this about?" He asked, arms crossed.

"Two things." Jin sighed.

"Good or bad?" Nick asked hopefully.

"One bad and one depends on your perspective." Jin rubbed his face tiredly.

"Okay, confirmed bad news first?" Maya looked around for the other's approval, which she got.

"The formula isn't going well." Jin cleared his throat. "The solutions aren't bonding correctly."

"Okay, other news?" Ryan asked somewhat politely.

"I've estimated Katelyn's awakening." Jin sighed.

"How long?" Sabrina asked.

"Until sometime in winter." Jin frowned.

"Let's focus on something we might be able to help." Ryan turned the subject. "What can we do about the formula?"

"I have a list here of all the supplies I need. You can find at least most of these present in medical supplies." Jin explained as he handed Nick a page, Sabrina looking over Nick's shoulder.

"Um, Hydroxochloride?" Nick continued to babble, trying to pronounce the words. This caused Sabrina to giggle at his poor attempt at pronouncing.

"Hey, I'd like to see you try to pronounce these!" Nick smiled a playful one as he handed Sabrina the list.

"Benzalkonium Chloride." Sabrina read aloud, squinting at the two words. Sabrina then gave the list back to the pouting Nick.

"Anyways, we've checked almost all the hospitals in the area. The ones we didn't check I assume you guys checked." Ryan looked at the new group of four, but not in the eyes.

"Yeah, the ones we checked were empty or had barely anything at best." AK responded.

"Well, then we'll have to search farther out." Nick sighed.

"Where?" Maya asked, straightforward.

"Wait, do you mean walk all the way back?" AK shook his head. "There's no way I'm doing that, it's too far."

"Yeah, it was like a week." Nick looked at his masked friend.

"A week we may not have." Amelia whispered to herself.

"Either way, we've got to do something. These are supplies we need." Ryan spoke up.

"What if we get there and there's nothing?" Shark finally asked.

"Two things." Nick responded. "A week is wasted and we're stuck there with barely enough time to get back."

"There is a faster way to travel." Jin spoke up.

"If one of you knew how to fly a helicopter..." Amelia trailed off.

"Wait, where's the helicopter?" AK asked quickly.

"I believe there was one out front." Amelia and Jin spoke simultaneously.

"Oh my gosh, it's not the same as the one that's crashed in the front of the building, is it?" AK asked, sounding a bit like a stereotypical white chick with the first three words.

"That may be the one." Amelia responded.

"Um, I know how to fly one of those..." AK looked around at the both surprised as well as confused faces.

Sorry for the short and late chapter.

I haven't been feeling myself, I'm starting to feel like an ice cube 24/7, I'm not really inspired to really do anything, and I honestly am starting to feel a bit sick. Maybe just a common cold but nothing serious that I know of.

When I finally start feeling better and a bit like my old self, I'll try to come back with an extra long chapter.

Enough with the author's note, Love you all

-Winter