My best friend. The one that held my hand and told me everything was going to be okay. The one that gave me confidence when I always assured her I never needed it.

Gone.

I ripped the UV's out of my arms and shoved my hands to my ears.

A searing pain shot through my body that made me let out a loud scream.

Everyone in the room had shot up and headed towards me. Chris lay a hand on me and I screamed louder.

A needle was dug into my shoulder making my body go numb. But not as numb as my heart felt.

Because my best friend was gone.

***

The darkness I felt inside of me was overwhelming.

When I woke up everyone was on my hand and foot.

My parents were alive and with me. As was Mindy and Ms Hanaway.

She passed me water with a blank stare. I didn't drink it in fear that she had poisoned it with the look in her eyes.

"She's gone." 

My voice was croaky, and something not even I could recognize.

Mindy nodded her head, her lips were pursed.

Slowly my body shook with tears. No one stood up to comfort me. I was left to cry by myself. Ms Hanaway and Mindy left. My Mom and Dad stepped out from the shadows, Jason ran towards me.

Jason held me tightly to his chest. I fisted the material of his shirt in my hands and cried like I never had before.

A few nurses and doctors entered. 

They asked me questions and prodded me. But my mind couldn't read their words.

They changed me from the hospital gown into regular clothes.

All I wanted to do was sleep forever.

Jason and I walked in front of our parents. He looked as numb as I did.

They unlocked the car and Jason and I both entered. He couldn't hold it in any longer.

I put a hand around my mouth to stop the loud cry that was dying to escape.

"W-What happened to the rest of them?"

"Tate and Chris were taken down to the police station. That's where we're going."

"Why was Chris in my room?"

"He demanded to be let in. When he got in he just cried, for so long. I've never seen a grown man cry so much. The police arrested him when you were out."

I stayed silent. I sniffled as more tears found their way down my face.

"Everything seems so blank." 

Jason held my hands tightly.

"You nearly killed yourself. You ripped the UV's out of  your arms and they had to stitch it back together. You nearly got a vein."

"I can't live without her."

I was speaking to myself. I had no idea what I was supposed to do now. 

I had lost so much in such a little while. I repeatedly stabbed myself with the questions.

Why did I offer to help Ms Hanaway?

Why did I let her take us down an alley?

Why the hell is she still my friend after I easily believed she had turned against me?