This is why you don't lie

Nick's Pov.

"Hey, Nick, what do you want for your birthday?" Lloyd asked me.

"Um nothing. I didn't get you anything so it's only fair," I replied.

"I don't care that you didn't get me anything. What do you want?" 

A Blink-182 album. Please! Tickets to go see them, even if my parents would probably flip. "Nothing, dude. I don't need anything."

"If you don't tell me, I'll just get you some random thing you wouldn't want" he said.

"Oh well."

"And it'll be expensive so you'll feel bad."

My god Lloyd! "I don't know, anything Blink related." 

He smiled. "Thank you."

Why is he so nice? He's the kind of person who would say, 'here I got you this brand new Xbox for my birthday.' You could spill hot soup on him and he would just say 'Oh, sorry it's my fault that I was just sitting here. No no it's okay, I'll just go change.' Like seriously, he was raised way too well.

"You know, they're coming to town," he told me.

"Yes, I know. Probably the only time they'll ever come to Layton and I doubt my parents will let me go," I explained. 

"I could get you tickets," he suggested, "they can't just let you waste my gift."

"No, don't spend your money on me. Those tickets are kinda expensive and I don't think I'm worth that much," I laughed.

"They're like what 20 bucks each ticket?" he asked. 

"Um, yeah something like that," I answered.

"Well, I just got a lot of money yesterday so."

"No Lloyd."

"Fine, I'll get you a shirt," he said.

We pretty much did the same thing we always do. Nothing new. 

I'm starting to feel hungry again. Should I ask for food, or should I just wait for him to get hungry? I don't to ask and seem needy. I don't know what  to do.

I saw his bass and just decided I wanted to play it. Without really thinking, I got up and picked it up from it's stand. I'm pretty sure the strings are the same as the the top four strings on guitar. So E A D G. I flipped the switch on the amp and raised the volume. 

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Your mom..."

"Don't ever say that again.." he laughed.

I hit the the E string around 8 times as I held down the third fret.  Then then did the same on the 5th fret and the open string. It's a bit difficult since the frets are further apart than they are on guitar, and the strings are a lot thicker. 

"That actually sounds nice," Lloyd commented.

"Well, it's kinda like guitar, so it's not that hard," I replied.

"Nice."

When Lloyd got hungry, he offered me tacos and I accepted the offer. Wait, my mom wants me to eat at home. I forgot.

"Actually, Brad, I have to eat at home," I said. He looked at me with that face. The 'really?' face. "I'm serious. My mom told me to come back home for dinner."

"That's what you always say," he argued.

Look at what I've caused. "I'm not lying this time. I'll eat at home, I swear."

"Sit," he demanded, pointing to the chair at the kitchen table. I did as told. "You are eating these tacos." He placed a plate with two shelled tacos on it. 

I'll have to eat now then just tell my mom Brad made me eat here. I took one of the tacos and bit in to it. This is good. How did I starve myself for so long? I missed out on such delicious foods. I mean I can't that much at a time, but food is food. He sat in front of me with his own plate and drink.

I finished eating then realized it was six and that's usually the time my parents eat. 

"I gotta go," I said.

"Okay. Bye Nick."

I went home, finding 3 full plates on the table. 

"I ate at Brad's," I stated.

"No more of those lies, you're eating," my mom said. I hate everything!

"I'm not lying, you can ask him. I ate tacos with him. They had lettuce and beans and meat," I explained.

"Eat."

How bad could 2 meals in less than an hour be? "Fine."

My dad sat down as did my mom and I. It's just hot dogs. I can eat them. I'll be fine. My stomach felt disgusted at the thought of more food entering it. I took down the first one. I'm gonna throw this up and I can already tell. 

"I can't eat any more," I told them.

"It was only one. Finish your food, Nicholas," my dad  commanded. 

"But I ate at-"

"We've gone through this before, and we believed you. Then a few months later you ended up in a hospital. Now eat." My dad never gets mad. This is new.

I ate the other hot dog slowly, gagging at every bite. I drank water to keep everything down. After I was done, my stomach rejected it all and sent me to the bathroom at full speed. 

I threw up everything I had been forced to eat today. This is why you don't lie, god dammit. I got up and sipped up water from the faucet and spit it out. 

"You okay?" my mom asked walking in.

"Yeah, I just ate too much. Again I ate at Brad's house and just now, so that was way too much for me right now." 

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

"So your dad and I have decided on getting you something we're sure you would like," my mom said. I bet it's a colored t-shirt of a band I don't even listen to. Then in order to make them happy I'll have to wear the shirt at least every other week and listen to the weird band they found. It's happened before, it can happen again. 

"Okay." This is weird.

"So we heard that Blink-182 is coming to town," she started. I started getting excited. No way. They can't be giving me tickets. NO fucking way. "And since you like them so much, we bought you their album." She handed me a CD for Enema of the State. Wow she got my hopes up for nothing.

"Oh. Thanks," I said, smiling as best as I could.

"No problem."

I went to my room to pop in the CD player in my room.  I can't believe  she did that. Who starts off a sentence saying, 'we heard your favorite band is coming to town' then gives them an album. 

I opened the disc.. box.. case.. thing. Whatever you want to call it. To my surprise there was 3 rectangular papers in it. I pulled them out. They're.. they're tickets... my mom wasn't a total bitch just now. 

"Yes!" I shouted out. I wonder if it's for my parents and I , or friends and I .. Or friend and parents and I. Either way this is great. It's in 3 weeks. I'll have black hair by then.

(A/N Hello people of wattpad. How are you guys? Good? Great? Like total shit? (Same tho) I feel like it may seem a little weird that Nick has all of a sudden decided to eat and you may be thinking.. "Melody, wtf that's snot how anorexia works, what's wrong with you?!"... yes I am aware .. It's part of the story and I'm also getting tired of typing the words eat, ate, food, and any other word along those lines. I use them too much and it's pissing me off so I kinda want to work around having to use those words for a bit. I'm writing something new now.. It's not gonna be a fanfic but Idk maybe you guys will like it anyways.. Unless you're only here for Nick then never mind lol.. It won't be released until it's mostly done so if you're interested you'll have to do the waitings for it. Thks fr rdng)