'I want to go home'

Bradley/Lloyd's POV.

Nick has me worried sick. He's been losing weight like crazy and it scares me to think that his body won't be able to support him anymore. Why is he doing this? He's not fat and never was fat. He's always been thin, but now it's just excessive. I don't know what to anymore; every time I try to help, he pushes me away.

I picked up my bass and started to tune it. E D A G. I kinda wish I had a 5 stringed bass; most of the songs I like right now use that 5th string, so I can't learned them. Oh well, One day I will end up using my own 5 string guitar and making other kids suffer because they can't learn the songs. Or have the guitars dropped to A. That bothers Nick, so I'm sure other people with cheap strings and guitars will complain as well. Another thing Nicholas complains about is when the vocals are screaming. Not because he doesn't like them, on the contrary he loves bands like that, but because he can't do it himself. 

I don't even know what song to play. I guess I'll just mess around and make my own bass part. What genre though? I'll just stick with punk. 

Right when I was about to start doing my thing, my mom walked in to my room without knocking. 

"What?" I questioned, trying to not sound rude.

"A family moved in it our neighborhood while we were in Miami," she said, "They have a son around your age, maybe you can go mingle?"

"I don't really feel like going on my own to talk to some guy," I replied. I'm starting to sound a bit like Nick.

"Maybe your friend can go with you."

"Nick? No. Out of all people he's the least likely to agree to go befriend someone he's never met before," I explained.

"Then how did you two become friends if he doesn't talk to anyone new?"

"I talked to him until he felt comfortable around me," I answered.

"Then do that with the kid down the street," she ordered.

"Fine."

Later, I went to Nick's house to drag him with me to go meet this person. I rang the door bell and about a minute later he opened the door. It looked like he has just woken up, which is odd because it's 3 pm and he doesn't usually sleep very much.

"What's up?" he asked then yawned, making me yawn.

"My mom wants me to talk to some guy who just moved in and I don't want to go alone," I replied, "so you're coming with me."

"Why me?"

"Because you're right here."

"I've already met him though," He said.

"You have?"

"Yeah."

"When?"

"The day you came back from your vacation. Earlier that day I was going to my place in the woods and he was there. I fell out of the tree. He started talking to me and helped me limp my way home," he explained.

"Why didn't I know about this?" I laughed.

"Because when you came back, you immediately started accusing me of having an eating disorder."

"Oh.. Sorry." 

It took my exactly an hour to get Nick to come along, but he's ticked off. We walked to his neighboring house, which is the guy's house. His name is possibly Johnny, but Nick doesn't remember his name. I rang the bell, causing Nick to stand behind me as if I were a shield and we were going in to a war zone. Well I guess to him this is a war zone, and I guess I am a shield to him having to speak. No one answered.