School Sucks

Nick's P.O.V

Waking up. I'm in a pitch black room. There's no light coming through the blinds, so i obviously woke up earlier than usual. I rolled over to face my alarm clock. 4:34 am. I only slept for 2 hours. I'm not falling back asleep, am I? I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair. They got caught from the tangles. Why did i have to wake up?

I laid back down, attempting to sleep. I'm tired, but i can't even close my eyes. I don't want to go to school today. I should just tell my mom that i feel sick, she'll probably let me stay home even without a fever. But then again she might take me to a doctor and realize that I'm lying. Plus, i would have a crap ton of make up work and would get even more stressed and overwhelmed. Maybe i should go for the last time then just end it tonight. I mean no one's going to miss me. Nobody even knows who i am. I sit alone at lunch. I sit in the back of every class and talk to no one. It's stupid of me to even keep trying.

I laid on my bed for a while. I can't get comfortable because my legs have an urge to move and my head kind of hurts. I toss and turn, but nothing. I finally got comfortable, no weird feelings in my legs, no headache, no unwanted thoughts, just peace. But of course my alarm clock goes off telling me to get up for school. Are you kidding me?

I got up and turned on the lights, blinding me for a minute. I went into my bathroom and looked into the rectangular mirror. Pathetic. Ugly blonde hair that's way lighter than my eyebrows, dark rings under my sleepy green eyes. I plugged in my straightener into the outlet on the wall, then returned into my room. I picked out random black clothes from my closet. A Green Day shirt and black skinny jeans, i guess. Could i get anymore emo? I headed back into the bathroom and straightened my hair, even if it's not even curly. Eyeliner? Yeah, why not. I took a pencil eyeliner and crappily applied it around my eyes. If only I was allowed to dye my hair black now, instead of having to wait till I'm 15. I grabbed my black jacket from my bed then went down stairs.

My mom was in the kitchen when i came down to eat breakfast. I grabbed cheerios out of the panrty and served myself a small amount in a bowl. I pour in some milk in, grabbed a spoon and sat down. I don't want to eat, but my mom is near and she'll start interrogating me and then tell my dad and then my dad would start interrogating me. I'm not even hungry enough to eat at this time, i don't get why I'm forced to. My mom passed by me, looking over my shoulder.

"Don't you think you should eat a little more, sweetie." she asked, smiling at me. I hate it when she calls me sweetie, it makes me feel like I'm 10 again.

"I'm not hungry." I'm really not hungry, i'm not lying to her, for once.

"Just add a little more" she said. I rolled my eyes and didn't listen. "Nicholas." she raised her voice a bit at me. I aggressively grabbed the cereal box and took a handful. "Thankyou."

She walked away. I put the handful back into the box, and continued eating. That was rude of me. Why did i do that?

At the bus stop, i was alone. Thank God. I waited for a few minutes before i saw the bus in the distance. As soon as it pulled up, the door opened and i got in. I looked down, avoiding eye contact with everybody. Someone stuck their foot out, but i just stepped over it. I found an empty seat towards the back and sat. I looked out the window, watching the bus pass by trees, houses, cars, and people walking their dogs. I felt people staring at me and could see them from the corner of my eye. Please stop staring. At one of the stops a guy came on looking for a seat. He looked in my direction.

"Oh.. fuck that" he said with a joking tone in his voice. The people in the seat beside mine laughed. "Scoot over" he told the other two guys, before cramping himself in. Well, at least I have more room for myself.