Tonight

Lloyd's pov.

I sat across from Nicholas at the pizza place that's half a mile away from our neighborhood. I ordered a pepperoni pizza for the both of us, but I get the feeling he's not even gonna take a bite. A waiter set down the pizza in the middle of the table. The cheese was melted to perfection, the crust was stuffed with cheese, there were several pepperoni slices on each slice, and it just smelled delightful. 

I immediately took a slice and put it on my plate. I took a bite. This pizza is like music, but for my taste buds. I looked at Nick, who is currently looking away from the food in front of him. He picked up his cup of water and drank down about half of it. He then turned to the pizza and just stared at it.

"You should eat it instead of just watching it," I said, "It's good."

He shrugged, "I'm not in the mood for pizza."

"Nuh uh uh, don't say that, you liar. I asked you if you wanted to come here and you said 'sure.' And you can't just not be in the mood for pizza," I argued.

"I'm not eating," he stated bluntly.

"Eat the fucking pizza," I demanded. "Johnny is coming too, you know."

"Wait what?"

Almost as if it was on cue, Johnny walked in through the front door and saw us. He came over to us and sat next to Nick. Nick looked insanely uncomfortable as he look down at his empty plate.

"How long have you guy been here?" Johnny asked.

"Like 10 minutes," I replied.

Johnny's pov.

I'm getting the feeling that Nick had no idea I was supposed to come. He refuses to look at me and his plate is completely clean and empty. I bet he's one of those people that doesn't like eating in front of people they don't know that well. I picked up a slice of pizza, took a bite of it and set it down on the plate. 

"Nick, are you gonna eat or not?" Lloyd asked him. I turned to Nick to see his reaction. He was giving Lloyd a death glare and then flipped him off. I have no idea what's going on. I took another bite of the pizza, waiting to see what would happen next. "You haven't eaten today aren't you hungry?" Nick then grabbed a slice and began to eat it. This is awkward.

"So umm. How has you guys' day been?" I asked not knowing what else to say.

"It's been pretty good," Lloyd said.

"Just great," Nick answered.

"That's good. So uh,  do you guys uhh .. yeah I have no idea what to say," I laughed.

"Same. This started off really awkward," Lloyd smiled.

I saw that Nick finished his slice of pizza. "Excuse me. I need to go the bathroom," he said. I got out of the booth and let him out. I waited for him to get to the bathroom before I said anything. I faced Lloyd. He was stuffing the last bite of the pizza slice in his mouth.

"What was that earlier?" I asked, "Why didn't he want to eat?"

He chewed for a few seconds, as he lifted his finger to tell me to wait for a second. "It's a personal thing, don't worry about it."

A personal thing? Was I right about the whole not eating in front of people thing? Or is it something worse... 

Nick's pov.

I looked in the mirror, breathing heavily. No one else is in here, I can do it. No one will hear. I ran my fingers through my hair. Dammit Brad, why did you have to do this?