16

'Lucy!' A loud yell from the living room woke me up and my body got tense automatically. The sound of glass breaking got me even more anxious. I got up and walked into the living room, terrified of what was going to happen. 'There you are, you piece of sh*t. Get some vodka for me.' My dad grabbed an empty bottle of vodka from the coffee table. 'Hurry before I throw this at your head.' I knew he wasn't playing games. If he said he would smash a glass bottle on me, he would. He's done it before, so why would he care about me another time? I ran to the basement and grabbed the first 5 bottles I could find.

Without saying a word I put the bottles on the coffee table and walked to the kitchen to clean up a bit and get a carrot, since that was the only decent food my parents ever bought me. On my way to the kitchen I felt a lot of pain in my back. My dad had smashed a vodka bottle on my back and the glass was stinging painfully. I tried not to scream in pain. 'This is the new vodka, I need the old ones. I don't want them to taste like dust. Useless bitch.' How did he know how old the bottles were but couldn't remember my age. I decided not to question anything and just get the other bottles.

In the basement I took a deep breath, blinked away my tears and switched the bottles. My back was in a lot of pain, but I couldn't do anything to help the pain right now. Why did I live in a family like this?

I was in my room, trying to clean up the cuts on my back. These were definitely going to scar badly. I wrapped my torso to cover the wounds for school. My teachers were already worried about me, I didn't want to get in any trouble. I grabbed my bag and put some extra bandages in it. Then I left the house, to get on the bus. I always took an early bus to buy food for the day. My parents wouldn't buy me anything, so I would have to do it myself.

The bus stopped at the bus stop and I got in. 'Hello Lucy, nice to see you again!' I looked away and walked to my seat. 'Hi.' Human interaction wasn't my strongest point. It had never been. Mostly on the days my parents hurt me. I would rather avoid everyone, avoid all the questions than have people think something is wrong. Not like anyone cared. I sat down in my seat and put my headphones in. This was the one time I could relax a bit. I leaned back and sat up straight right away. My back was stinging like crazy and it felt like the bottle had hit my back again. 'Shit.' I whispered as I held back my tears. 'Are you okay?' A woman stopped beside my seat. 'Yeah, it's nothing.' I said. 'It seems painful, can you please come to my office before first period?' I realised it was my biology teacher. 'No, that's really not necessary.' 'If you say so.'

I got off the bus and ate my breakfast, which I had just bought, on a bench in front of the school. As usual nobody cared about me. Nobody said Hi or payed any attention to me. Till I saw some very familiar faces. The boys walked up to me and one of them walked behind me. Please don't touch my back, please don't, was all that was going through my head. 'Hey Lucia! How's your breakfast?' One of the boys said. The guy behind me kicked his knee in my back. This pain was worse than anything I had ever felt. It felt like my spine was collapsing inside of my body while thousands of little needles cut my back. The pain almost made me throw up. I got up and ran to the bathroom. I had never ran away from them before, but I couldn't risk throwing up on any of the boys. My back would not survive the torture that I would get if that happened.

In the bathroom stall I broke down. Tears were streaming down my face and I could barely breathe. My shirt was sticking to my body and I realised the blood had gone all the way through. I couldn't go to class. I couldn't be at school. Everyone would notice the huge blood stain. The teacher would worry. I rather skip school and get punished than have anyone see me like this.

I put my backpack on to cover the stain, pulled the hood on my head to show as less of myself as possible and walked out of the bathroom. I was going to leave. No idea where I would stay all day. But I wouldn't be at school. Time to skip another day. Maybe things wouldn't get better like everyone said. Maybe I would have to keep skipping days, keep getting hit. Maybe nothing would ever change. Maybe it should all be over.

I passed a trainstation and stared at the railroad for a while. 'Maybe it's been long enough.' I whispered. 'I don't have anyone that will get hurt if I leave. But I'm too weak.' I continued walking. One day it would be enough. But not today. I would hang on one more day. Even though I mentally couldn't continue. I mentally couldn't end it either.

Hi!
This chapter was really depressing but I hope you liked it anyway!
x