Chapter 10

Three weeks had passed since Wade and I went on our first date in Paris. Since then, I left Wade's and returned home. However, this hasn't changed the situation too much because he kept visiting me every night in his Deadpool suit, or we met somwhere in the city and mostly everytime we banged in some abandoned backstreets and alleys.

  I also noticed that he had been looking at men's jewelery lately and his talks with Aunt May were happening more and more often. They would text each other for hours, and everytime I asked him what they were talking about, he would get very angry and just stare blankly at some point, playing thunderously with his fingers on his phone or on the table, or on whatever flat surface nearby.

One day he came to visit us at lunch. The chinese food hadn't arrived yet so I invited him to eat from my dish.

  "Thank God you ordered something to eat, I'm starving" he said as he entered the house and left his jacket. He looked around for Aunt May and kissed me briefly. He whispered a barely audible I missed you to me.

We heard footsteps coming from upstairs, and Aunt's voice after that.

Her mood seemed to snap rapidly from confused to highly elated when she saw Wade. They hugged, Wade patting her back slightly.

"How are you, Wade? Have you prepared everything?" she asked like she hadn't seen him for ages.

"I'm great, Aunt May, and yes,   I've prepared my part, you?"

"I'm doing fine either. But that's enough chit-chat, come in. We ordered chinese food, Peter probably told you"

The preparing part didn't seem to be linked to anything I knew. They were hiding something.

  "Yeah, I'll eat with him" he said and gave me a cocky smile.

"Well" I said more to Aunt May than to Wade "since we have nothing better to do, Wade and I will go to my room and play some video games." Then I added less louder than before "Right Wade?"

"Okay..."

We got to my room and shut the door.

"Ok, since today is the Hug-Wade-Day..." he said and opened his arms to me. I hugged him really tight, resting my head on his chest yet again. He let go and went to the TV and the XBox to set it up. He got on his knees and started plugging the wires in and out. I stepped behind him.

"So, Wade... Umm... What was all that preparing and my part and... What are you up to?"

"It's not something important..."

"Anything you do is important to me. Especially when it also concerns my Aunt." I said sadly.

"Well, this one thing doesn't concern you, Peter, get over it already!" he said, almost shouting.

"I can't just get over it. So what is it?"

"I said it doesn't fucking CONCERN YOU!!!" he said and turned around and at the same time stood up and punched me right in the face.

***

I couldn't believe what Wade had done. He'd punched me. I felt my lips warm with blood. The hit itself didn't hurt at all, but the fact that the person I loved the most touched me that way. I hurried to my bed and sat on the sheets, hugging my knees and resting my chin on them. I felt tears coming down my face again as Wade sat next to me and hugged me.

"Oh God, Pete, I'm so sorry, I didn't know what I was doing..."

I turned and hugged him again.