Chapter 6

I woke up in a dark room, in my pj's. My hands were tied above my head and my legs weren't touching the ground. I had a terrible headache and as I came to my senses I could feel my body aching all over. It was pitch dark so I couldn't see a thing but I'm sure I had bruises all over my body and that whatever was holding my hands together had hurt my wrists and they were now bleeding. Then memories started coming back. I woke up and Wade was gone, but he said the night before that he had to go buy food so he was probably out. I went to brush my teeth, but something hit my head and I fell on the cold tiles of the bathroom. I pulled myself off the floor then put my hand on the back of my head to ease the pain. After that, I felt the mirror under my palm so I must have touched it to balance myself, but then I probably fainted. And I woke up here... Yeah, but where was this here ?

  Suddenly, a strong light flooded the room and I could see it after my eyes accomodated. I was, it seemed, in some sort of old room that resembled a surgery ward with small tiles on the walls and the floor. In front of me was an operation table, and on it were all kinds of medical tools that I didn't know the purpose of.

  There was only one door leading out of this place, and Venom was standing by it, looking at me.

  "Well, well, look who woke up! The little Itsy Bitsy Spider!"

I wasn't wearing my suit, how did he know? I was more scared with every minute that passed.

  "How do you know?" I asked, my voice trembling and waiting for the worst.

  "Well," Venom hissed " maybe next time you and your boyfriend Wade talk about your relationship, you'll want to do it somewhere safe, huh?"

  "Please, don't hurt him, I'll do anything!"

  "That's exactly what I want you to... You know, when I posessed your body once... Some of your mind remained in mine, and now I can feel your every strong emotion. It took me a long time to realise it, and I'm not entirely sure, so please... Let me test my theory..."

  He picked up a long, spear-shaped instrument from the table and placed it in front of me. Tears went out again.

  "No, please, what do you want from me?"

  "That is a very simple question. I want your formulas. I know you discovered a condition under which a symbiote can stop depending on a body. Am I wrong?"

  What was he talking about?!

  "Please, I don't have what you're looking for! I - GAAAAAAH!"

  I couldn't finish my sentence, because I felt the unusual tool stab my leg, touching my bone. Venom pulled it out and left me to scream out my pain. He looked confused and angry. He stabbed my other leg and I let out another cry.

  "That's strange... I don't feel your pain... Does it hurt?" he said, adding a sarcastic tone to the last part. "ANSWER ME!!!"

  "Yes, it hurts..."

  "And why can't I feel it? What have you done?!" Venom hissed.

  "I didn't do anything, I swear!"

  He stared at me for a minute or two.

  "Let's say I believe you. But that doesn't mean I can't have fun with

you until you boyfriend comes to rescue you, his little damsel in distress."

  I was afraid of what was to come, but I was thankful that the black parasite in front of me was going to leave Wade alone. I saw the symbiote open a drawer and reveal a whip with small blades at its end. He hit me with the whip once, twice, until I could feel my back warm with blood. My conscience was slowly drifting away and I was getting sleepy as I got used to the pain. My eyelids were heavier every second and I lost any connection with what was happening around me. Everything went black.