Chapter 7

I woke up in a bath tub, naked. I felt pretty refreshed and at ease, despite my lack of clothes and the leather strips that tied my hands and legs to the bottom of the tub. I looked at my body and noticed that the wounds had closed, but the bruises were still there, black, blue, red, purple... I tried pressing one of the bruised spots against the tub, and I could feel a small pain as I did so.

  I heard someone enter the room through a door behind me. Suddenly I remembered Venom was here and he was torturing me to obtain the formulas. I think I know what he meant. Dr. Connors conducted a research about cross-species and discovered the formula of a solution that could separate the species from each other and, I guess, making symbiotes independant. But why does he think I have them?

***

  Get yourself together, Wade! What do you know about Venom? He's a symbiote and he can be found in abandoned laboratories. And how many abandoned laboratories do we know in New York? The one in the OsCorp basement, where no one can go, not even Venom, without authorisation, and the one in the sewers. Right. Hold on, Pete, I'm coming to get you. I think as I change my usual clothes with the Deadpool suit. I put my mask on, with a slight trace of regret, thinking how much I spent to do my hair this morning.

  I focused on the only place closest to the abandoned laboratory in the sewer that came to my mind. The place I used to call home when I thought I only had two months to live.

  I walked past some improvised rooms with dirty, absolutely opaque cloths instead of doors. The homeless people that lived there were asleep, because I could hear noises that sometimes resembled a steam-hammer and sometimes reminded me of a cat's purr.

  I finally found a sign that read "Do not pass! Chemical processes underway!" It looked old and rusty so I considered it a helping arrow pointing the right direction. I walked through tubular rooms until I found a metallic door that looked like it didn't belog there. It opened with a creak and revealed an old lab, though tidily kept. The lights still worked, so I turned on the powerful halogen bulb hanging from the ceiling.

  I could see lots of wardrobes, cupboards, tables and on them all kinds of recipients, the names of which I didn't bother to learn in high school. What caught my eye was an open book, probably a journal, with stains of the same black moving goo I found in my appartment. I tried reading a page. It was full of incomplete chemistry formulas. Underneath them, an angry handwriting stated FOR PETER PARKER. MAY HELP WITH CROSS-SPECIES AND SYMBIOTES.

  I searched for the owner's name. Some Connors guy. His name sounded important, probably he was one of Pete's professors, and this explains why he knew him.

  I explored further and found a room with hooks on the ceiling. Pieces of human bodies were impaled on some of them. The hook closest to where I was standing had fresh blood on it. The same blood was on the ground. Either ghosts bleed, or Peter's been here recently.

  I spotted a door in the opposite corner of the room and walked through it. At first I couldn't see a thing because of the steam that was coming out of a bath tub. The water was so hot it could turn Hell to ashes.

   I walked to the other door and found Peter on a massive chair, with his hands and legs tied to it, screaming and babbling. The weird hat on his head had small lights on it that blinked regularly.

  I turned my head from the scene and saw Venom, safe in a corner of the room, pulling a lever everytime Peter stopped shaking and just sat there with a distant look in his teary eyes.