Part 16

Cara's POV

I walked out and left Harrison sat there alone. I felt bad of course, but he doesn't know what he's put me through these past years. I carried on walking until I reached the little cafe, I went up and asked for a juice carton but realized I didn't have enough. The man serving me said: 'I'll let it past.' And winked, with a genuine smile, but it still scared me all the same. I thanked him timidly and rushed to seat the in the corner. There was a a down syndrome's sufferer and his carer sat opposite, the boy kept pointing to me and his carer told him to calm down and apologized. I nodded but looked at the boy curiously, he smiled at me and I smiled back. People shouldn't judge people like they do, just because he looks different to everybody else doesn't mean he is different. I finished my juice and walked out into the corridor. There were several police officers with masks on and guns in their arms. They told all of the hospital to stay back and sit on the floor. Everyone around was crying or screaming, some were sat in silence. The police sprinted down the wards and I followed, I soon realized what ward they were surrounding. It was Michael's.

***********

'NO!' I screamed and pushed several officers out of the way, I looked inside to see what had happened, but Mr Davies wasn't even in there. I stared at the police behind me and calmly asked what had happened. 'I can't say.' Several replied. 'I-I'm his daughter.' I managed to say, as truthful as I could be. They looked at each other and nodded. 'There was a man.' One finally said. 'He came in with a gun, and grabbed Michael Davies, dragging him through the window at gun point.' I opened my mouth in horror. I knew who did it. Dad did it. I rushed out and went to the bus stop, luckily Betty was driving. I nodded at her thankfully and hopped on. I didn't know where I was going but as we passed the tower block I froze. There was a huge banner on top, with my dad's hand writing on. 'Come see the school teacher be killed, event of the century'