Part 9

Cara's POV

What did I just tell her? Why did I just tell her? I didn't know what to do so I just ran and ran, until I found a corner in the playground with no one there. I sat there until I heard the familiar bell signalling the end of the day. I quickly ran over to the maths room to find Mr Davies sitting alone on his desk. I walked in slowly and he flinched when he seen me, sending his pen flying across his desk. He grunted and went to pick it up, but so did I, making our arms brush. We both quickly backed away, our cheeks red. 'Cara, this better be a homework matter because I told you, if it's not I-' I stopped him for carrying on. 'Sir I love you.' I gabbled in one quick go. He stopped for a moment trying to figure out what I was saying. After he realized he stared at me and told me to sit down on one of the desks. He came and sat next to me. 'Cara, I am your teacher, you shouldn't love me, there's loads of boys in this class for you, besides I have a girlfriend.' I repeated the words hundreds of times in my head. 'Besides...I have a girlfriend.' 

**************

'Do you see now Cara, I'm sorry but It's never going to happen.' He said to me, trying to stay calm but getting a bit angry. I stood up and started to walk out but he called me back. 'Cara, there's no awkwardness now, ok?' He said clearly. 'Things in class will be back to the way there were, I'll just forget you ever said..you know....' I just stood there listening then I finally nodded. Maybe now was the time. The time I told someone. I sat down and it all came out. About what dad did, how he hit me, and recently, how he had done worse. I told him about the bullying, how my brother left and my mum died. He just sat there in shock, his face was white. Finally when I had finished speaking and had stopped crying, he spoke. 'Cara...I don't know what to say...I've been ignoring it, I'm your teacher I shouldn't do that, Don't worry, you won't be with your dad anymore, you won't be getting bullied either, thank you for telling me all this.' I started screaming at him. 'NO, NO YOU CAN'T DO THAT, DAD WILL HIT ME, HE WILL, WHEN HE FINDS OUT HE WILL KILL ME!' I started to bang the table in frustration. Dad would do anything not to get caught, or arrested. Sir just patted my shoulder telling me to sit back down. But I couldn't help myself and I kissed him. Only this time, He didn't pull away.