Chapter 10: A medic's purpose

Start from the beginning

"There's some morphine in the bottom of the closet on the right, take it if you need it." I told Eugene while shoving another desk before the door to try and slow Obi-Wan down. For as far as I knew, he seemed persistent.

"Why do you have all this stuff in your room?" Eugene opened the closet, revealing a lot of flasks and caskets filled with medicine. He took out the morphine and immediately injected himself with one.

"Because I'm a doctor!" After I had collected some supplies from the same closet that I was sure I was going to need, I got both of us on the balcony, pacing in the open air while waiting for my brother.

"C'mon Aidan, now is not the time to be late." I murmured while glancing at the clear sky. The alarm was still going off rather loudly and I could hear several shouts coming from down below.

"Just go on without me, I'll wait for the bird on my own." Eugene offered, clearly feeling guilty about this whole thing, about being a reliability.

"Nonsense, we're not leaving anyone behind." I smiled at him but it didn't really reach my eyes. My heart was thumping wildly as the adrenaline rushed through my body. I didn't want to fight, didn't want to hurt any clone.

The opening of the door with a loud boom didn't make it much better.

"Lyanna!" A voice soon followed the boom. I turned around swiftly, seeing Obi-Wan alone coming through the door. His hair was tussled and his eyes had lost much of his kindness as they glared right at me.

"Anakin, she's on the balcony on the sixth floor." He said to his commlink while his eyes remained on me.

"Get behind me." I stepped before Eugene, grasping my blaster from my belt and immediately holding it up in defense. "You don't look so well, Kenobi." I noted after seeing the dark spots and burns on his clothes.

"The time for games is over, princess." He snarled, letting me know that also his sarcasm was gone. He really was getting serious this time. "Drop your weapon now before anyone gets hurt."

"I can't do that." I shook my head no.

"Then you leave me no choice." He sighed deeply and grasped his lightsaber, storming right at me with the thing raised.

I stepped back slowly and started shooting at him after making sure it was on stun. What I hadn't expected was Obi-Wan deflecting those shots skillfully with his saber, making the shots collide with the walls of my room until he was in the doorpost that lead to the balcony.

He suddenly stretched his arm before himself swiftly. Before I knew it, the blaster was knocked out of my hands and was falling off the balcony.

"Oh no." I sighed, feeling lost without the blaster and watched how Obi-Wan, who had a dangerous scowl on his face, neared us with his saber raised without us having the chance to escape.

"Last chance." He said as he faced me standing sideways with his arm that held the lightsaber bowed on the far side and the other arm stretched out before him.

One of his golden locks was hanging right before his eyes that popped out even more due to the dark dirt on his face. "Hand yourself over, princess, I don't want to hurt you."

"Who says you will get the chance?" I grasped my sword from my belt, watching as the silver colored blades came out of the small cylinder and the decorations unfolded.

"Don't try it." His eyes wandered towards my sword and then back to me. "You will lose."

"Your overconfidence betrays you, jedi." I narrowed my eyes and went into a defensive stance, watching him closely.