ten | community service

Start from the beginning

Ashton flashed his grandmother a forced smile before the both of us walked out of her office and into the waiting room. Zena sat in the far corner with her knees attached to her chest whilst Jiao sat on the other side, talking quietly with Landon who seemed to be pissed off.

I glanced over to Ashton who only shrugged before giving Zena the middle finger. I smirked at her before flipping my hair behind my shoulder as Ashton and I walked out, his hands in his pockets and my hands crossed over my chest.

"Ashton," I said as the two of us walked down the empty corridor together, our shoulders brushing against each other as we walked.

"Scream my name in bed," he whispered in a seductive tone, although I knew he was obviously pulling a joke on me.

I flashed him a glare before swatting his hard chest, earning a loud laugh from him. I rolled my eyes in annoyance before approaching my locker. "Why did you insist on even coming inside your grandmother's room with me?"

He shrugged in the corner of my eyes before releasing a sigh. "I know you didn't want to be suspended. And besides, my grandma needed to punish me anyway so why not knock two birds with one stone?"

I raised an eyebrow at him. "What did you do?"

He feigned a gasp as he leant against the locker, looking exhausted. "Are you accusing me of a crime I may have committed?"

I smirked. "Yes. Now, tell me."

He rolled his eyes before scratching the back of his neck. "I mean, it's no big deal and anyway, he deserved it-"

"Ashton," I warned, not wanting him to start on his life story.

"I knocked out my uncle for talking shit about my sister," he muttered under his breath, his blue piercing eyes slightly darkened as the words escaped his lips. A shiver ran down my spine and I pressed my lips into a thin line, forcing myself not to push further.

"You know what," I announced, throwing my hands in the air in exasperation before placing my hands on my hips. I looked up at Ashton and grinned mischievously. "Let's go do something."

He raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Whatever do you mean, Aurora?"

I clenched my jaw at the sound of my first name escaping his lips as I balled my fists at my sides. Ashton must've noticed because his eyes flickered down to my clenched fists before meeting my eyes again, a smirk playing on his lips.

Great. He was back.

"I have an idea," he claimed as his eyes lit up in pure mischief.

I was truly fearful now.

"What are we doing?" I questioned as he took me by the wrist before running his free hand through his hair, giving it a dishevelled look.

No. Not handsome.

Ugly like the grinch.

"First off," he said with a chuckle. Before I knew it, we were running out of the school, leaving our laughs in its wake as he dragged me to his motorcycle. "We're skipping the rest of the day of school."

I smirked, approving his idea. "I like where this is going."

He placed the same helmet on my head gently, my heart racing inside of my chest as I gulped. He looked at me with a wink as my stomach did something weird. Backflips. I clenched my jaw and fought the urge to punch his stupid, ugly face before he gestured for me to get on.

"Let the adventures begin."

a/n: i'm trying to write chapters that are under 2000 words so that the novel would be much longer and there would be better cliffhangers (:

What do you think of this chapter and where do you think Ashton is taking Aurora?

Don't be a silent reader!!

Don't forget to leave a vote and comment to show me your support!

Ariella xo